Gearbox bearing re build kits

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Gearbox bearing re build kits

Post by Pugsley » Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 pm

ojr1979 wrote:Ok pugsley thanks for the advice,if I wanted to replace just that bearing any ideas where I might get one from?
Looks like you have eliminated the bearing we were talking about but just incase you do decide to change it - any bearing supplier will be familiar with the alpha numeric coding you mentioned and will be readily able to decode the specification. Just go through your local Yellow Pages etc.

The bearing that you now have decided upon as being faulty may well be specific only to Suzuki vehicles in which case it's back to the Dealer, but in general, bearings fitted to gearboxes etc are off the shelf parts and may well be used on for example a boat, cement mixer or tractor or whatever.

When a gearbox is designed, engineers will calculate and measure the loadings on the moving parts, having established these, if readily available parts will do the job rather than specifically unique parts, these will be used.

ojr1979
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by ojr1979 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Got one from simplybearings.co.uk for about £8 posted and has solved the problem a treat! Cheers

Darrell
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Darrell » Sat May 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Darrell wrote:I would measure it as well, but all the info I can find says ---------> 20x26x17mm

Was this info correct ??
2005-GV 1600se, "Hell" What do I know!

ojr1979
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by ojr1979 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:26 am

Yes,I measured them both and they were spot on,maybe a slight difference in appearance? Maybe the rollers were spaced differently or maybe one or two less but I threw the old one before thinking of checking that.heres the page I found it on http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/advanc ... 7&x=25&y=7