Flexingly surprised !!

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Flexingly surprised !!

Post by felstmiester » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I was surprised today at the articulation the sj had. After buying my sj for £150 a few years ago I've been adding here and taking away there but apart from a quick ruf and rascal rears while I was doing the engine conversion I've not got round to concentrating on the suspension. I did add a few leafs to the ruf's when I done it to aid the extra weight of the derv lump but apart from that I ain't had time to lengthen bump stops or fit longer shocks so apart from the above its standard shocks, bumps tops, brake lines etc. oh and I've done a 2" body lift on it.

Down my yard today I decided to stick the sj up a little incline just to see what the springs would do ( the rears are now fubard due to me not getting round to do the job properly) but thought lets see how sad the flex is.
image.jpg
image.jpg (815.66 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (898.68 KiB) Viewed 2622 times
Not sure if you can see in the second pic how stretched the brake pipe is. I really didn't know it could flex that much!! The mission is on for getting suspension sorted next, with some new rascal rears and some longer shocks n sorted bump stops.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!