Modified Shocks HELP!!!

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Modified Shocks HELP!!!

Post by dan_2k_uk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 pm

someone might correct me if im wrong but I believe the early 413's had different axles to sammys and different ratios on the diffs so the first thing you need to do is establish what it is for certian.

most existing parts can be fitted to new axles

once you have that worked out then you can start lookin for some axles.

Dan
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 am

As its an 86 it will be a narrow track 413 axle, but by the look of it you only really need to find a front axle case.

The rear still has the spua perches and uses the original spring plates with the built in shock mounts, so you shouldn't need anything to swap it back to spua hopefully.

You could then just find a front axle case that still has the stock perches and build it up using the bits from your front axle and you should only need to buy some spring plates to bolt it up and fit the shocks, I've got loads of spring plates lying around you can have a set if you cover the postage. It's a shame its not a samurai as I have a spare front axle case as well.

Another option would be to get a set of 410 axles (if its definitely a 413 not a samurai) you would need the complete set up though as they use different size diffs, however this will lower the gearing slightly for the bigger tyres and you can fit the 413 shafts and cvs that are a bit stronger than 410 cvs

What size tyres have you got? If you swap it from spoa to spua you will loose around 4" and might not have clearance for your tyres if they are larger than 30"
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

arran amt
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by arran amt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:04 pm

I was under the impression it was a 413 but looking under the bonnet i found a plac with vehicle details saying
SJ413 Samurai

This means its a samurai

Ive already got smaller tyres and they are on, the old ones were huge and need to be sold.

Thanks for your help guys as i really dont have aa scooby doo...

Arran
Attachments
126.jpg
126.jpg (702.85 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Not sure if that sticker really means its a samurai to be honest, any chance of a pic of the front shackles and how they are mounted to the chassis?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!