sj410 carb replacement

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
bedron
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

sj410 carb replacement

Post by bedron » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:15 am

hi guys i have question what would be the best option to replace my stock sj410 carburetor ,eventualy where could i get carb kit.thank you :er:

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: sj410 carb replacement

Post by Jordi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:58 am

SU HIF38 is a direct swap.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

bedron
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bedron » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:52 am

thanks very much for quick reply

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:45 am

Jordi wrote:SU HIF38 is a direct swap.
Almost direct, slight ovalisation of the bolt holes and a bit of porting needs to be done to port match the inlet to the carb.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Pugsley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Carburettor type as per the advice given by Jordi - when I bought my Sj410 it came with a new SU carb but it wasn't at that time fitted. I fitted it and it ran a bit rough so I contacted Burlen Carburettors in Salisbury, Wiltshire and they advised on the correct spring and needle set up which I purchased from them. From then on it ran very well.

I've now sold my 410 and can't remember the spring/needle details so just Google Burlen Carburettors and take it from there. One thing I can remember is having to shorten the accelerator cable and soldering on a nipple sourced from a motorcycle shop.

j1
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: sj410 carb problem?

Post by j1 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Has anybody got any ideas I have a Suzuki Maruti 997cc with an aisan carburettor will start sometimes reluctantly, it has new points, new condensor, new distributor cap, timing correct, basically have tried everything I know. Very little fuel seems to be getting through to the cylinder. Sprayed fuel through manually and it is still reluctant to run. Carb cleaned out 3 times seems ok, float valve ok, valve timing ok, exhaust is clear, good spark, compression ok, fuel pump ok, all hoses renewed.

The fuel seems to want to come out of the carburetor rather than go to the cylinders.

Banging my head against the wall now!

SJ40
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by SJ40 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:40 am

What about spark. Is yours 6 volt or 12 volt coil. Sometimes the wire wound ballast resistor on the coil pack can go open circuit intermittently if its a 6 volt coil setup and this will stop it from starting. Also make sure the timing is correct if you have been doing distributor things, try rotating the distributor a little bit in either direction as you wind it over and see if it starts then.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: sj410 carb problem?

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:07 pm

j1 wrote:Has anybody got any ideas I have a Suzuki Maruti 997cc with an aisan carburettor will start sometimes reluctantly, it has new points, new condensor, new distributor cap, timing correct, basically have tried everything I know. Very little fuel seems to be getting through to the cylinder. Sprayed fuel through manually and it is still reluctant to run. Carb cleaned out 3 times seems ok, float valve ok, valve timing ok, exhaust is clear, good spark, compression ok, fuel pump ok, all hoses renewed.

The fuel seems to want to come out of the carburetor rather than go to the cylinders.

Banging my head against the wall now!
do you have any pics of the carb? not sure if the maruti uses the same carb as the sj410?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!