Steering out after lift

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Steering out after lift

Post by timwilks13 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Put some new front springs on the other day and has given about 4 inches lift compared to my old springs coz they were knackered! see pic. however since the lift the steering wheel points as though im turning left all the time. Is this easily adjustable?
Attachments
SAM_0684.jpg
SAM_0684.jpg (69.85 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Steering out after lift

Post by Jordi » Fri May 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Just leave it.

Its because the steering arm is lower at one end now. The easy fix is to take the steering wheel off and put it on straight again.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri May 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Wheres the pic of them fitted?
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Viola! thought thinking of taking a spring out coz they're rock hard atm, also the flex is terrible but i think thats just the travel on the shocks. When i have the funds if you have a pair of rears ill change them as well, or maybe get some rascle springs for rear.
Attachments
springs.jpg
springs.jpg (226.16 KiB) Viewed 5509 times

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri May 24, 2013 2:15 pm

May have some longer shocks for freebies.

Rascal rears should balance it out.

Not sure about the bull bar though. I'd leave it off and chop the old bumper mounts off.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:21 pm

I put it on the other day whilst waiting for the engine to cool to re-tighten the head gasket, then i realised it was 2.30am and i was at work in 5 1/2 hours so couldnt be bothered to remove it, also going to robin hoods pay n play this sunday (if its open!!) and might leave it on just to protect the front fogs for now. And its a good place to wrap my tow rope around.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Front sat up well now though. Can't quite see the nice red polly bushes though.

Has it used anymore water?

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Not a drop! (apart from what was pouring into the cylinders when head gasket went). Used to lose loads but then someone pointed out i was missing a rather important part of my cooling system, cant remember who, or what bit i was missing :thumbup: , but i do know that now when the water contracts it sucks back in water....not air lol!!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Super. Those doors will be off by sunday night bud. And on tuesday i'm seeing about a custom fuel tank.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Awesome! I dont get paid till next weekend but doing a few odd jobs this weekend so if i earn enough shiny pennies i might cruise up monday sometime and take doors off you and leave you with this flywheel + clutch. 1.3 engine will have to wait till i get paid mind!