bleeding

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

bleeding

Post by suzukisteve » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:22 am

ok so the new caliper fits a treat! However the clamp came off the brake hose and all the fluid drained from the cylinder :roll: hopefully the master isn't buggered. ive got no pedal at all so im gonna do a complete brake fluid change seein as I gotta bleed the system anyways.

what is, in people's opinion, the best way for me to bleed the system out? I know how to bleed brakes but ive usually used a electric pump to do a full brake fluid change.
pickle power!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: bleeding

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:26 am

Normal get a hand from soneone to pump the pedal while you open and close the nipples method.

Try not to snap the other nipples off or it gets messy! :D
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

suzukisteve
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by suzukisteve » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:48 am

fair, I'll get crackin then lol. the brake fluid was a state anyways, all brown and sludgy :yuk:
pickle power!

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Pugsley » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Don't forget to bleed the brake liming valve positioned on the right side of the vehicle about halfway down its length - easy to forget. Also be very careful when undoing the bleed nipple on this valve - it's very flimsy and may be corroded in. I had to remove mine and put in a vice then take a chance that applying some heat did not cook the seals inside. In the end I stripped the valve down to clean it out.

dunnin21
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by dunnin21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 pm

What's this valve for

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Pugsley » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm

The majority of the braking effort is at the front of the vehicle and during heavy braking the rear wheels will have a tendancy to become light as the nose of the vehicle pitches down. The limiting valve under these conditions will reduce the rear wheel braking effort to prevent instability due to skidding - should the rear wheels lock up.