Hello from Woking

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
v8disco
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Hello from Woking

Post by v8disco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Ive been an SJ413 owner for about 4 years. Bog stock G reg white/green. have decided now to upgrade it so a 1.6 Vitara 16v engine is on its way along with complete PAS set up. Will run on a carb so will need to fabricate manifold which is no problem. was originally going to put 2 x 40 DCOEs on the standard engine but gave up after waiting 4 months for a manifold from Belgium.

If anyone needs any Weber carb help or advise, please ask as I work for Weber in Sunbury. And here is a tip for you guys with a 32/36 DGV that cuts out on extreme inclines. Firstly, dont turn the carb round. If you do then you will get a huge flat spot as the fuel surges from the jets on acceleration. The problem is that, on extreme inclines the carb actually floods, so you need to reduce the amount of fuel. To do this, reset the float level to 14mm and go down from 200 to 175 needle valve and that should sort it. We dont do this on all of them as it is only a tiny percentage that are used on extreme angles and it would add parts and labour cost for all customers to change all of them.

Cheers all and will post some pics of the engine swap when done

Martin

Just edited to add a picture taken in the snow earlier this year. My V70 Volvo was worse than useless in the snow and the SJ was just a massive laugh and totally unstoppable.
Attachments
sj413.jpg
sj413.jpg (141.03 KiB) Viewed 7335 times

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Hello from Woking

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

welcome to scuk.

Looks like we have a bit of a weber expert on hand for advice now then :mrgreen: that sounds like a good tip. your sj looks pretty tidy too!

Scott
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice rig, and a good tip. I've been considering a Weber for mine, as the 27 year old stock carb seems to be on the way out, plus I could do with the extra grunt :mrgreen:
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

v8disco
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by v8disco » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks guys. The 32/36 is a very good carb and of course mine has one fitted. We used my SJ for development when we changed from the 32DGR to the 32/36 DGV about 5 years ago. Still time for more power though...

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:08 pm

hello

i had a webber n loved it :) then went SU.

Tidy motor keep us posted

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:20 pm

hello and :welcome:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm

hello & welcome to the site, Its great to have a weber expert here I have one on mine except mines the 32DGR which came in a kit from weber, Although I don't much off roading Its been loads better than the old aisin carb!
Edweird wrote:Nice rig, and a good tip. I've been considering a Weber for mine, as the 27 year old stock carb seems to be on the way out, plus I could do with the extra grunt :mrgreen:
Hmm i don't know how you would go about that with the 410, as the intake manifold is side draft and webers are down draft - the same as on the 413/sammy. you would have to make a manifold, I think the easiest thing with the 410 if you decide to swap carb is the SU which is a simple bolt on conversion. Although Alot of 410's just stick with the standard item because it doesn't seem to suffer the same problems as the 413 carb.

dominic
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by dominic » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Hiya matey,
Welcome to the club.
Im sure everyone will be asking you loads of questions about Weber carbs.
As for me im using standard Aisin Carb on my 410.

Dom

8-)
Currently Drive
SJ 410 Q 1985 (GREEN)
VITARA GL+ 2017 (SILVER)

Did have a IGNIS SZ5 4X4 2017 (BLACK)
Did have a GRAND VITARA 2.0 TD 2002 (GREEN)
Did have a JIMNY JLX 2001 (RED)
Did have a SJ 413V 1987 (SILVER)
Did have a BMW320i 1984 (PETROL BLUE)

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Since your Post yesterday I've been thinking aboout my Carb I know I said it was a 32DGR but I don't really know if it is, On the instructions it says its a 32 DGR in the bottom right hand corner....

Although I know I bought it about 3 years ago, You said they swapped over 5 years ago, So I think maybe I do have the 32/36 DGV, How can you tell the difference between a DGV and a DGR?

v8disco
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by v8disco » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 pm

The easiest way way is to look on the side of the baseplate. If its a 32/36 it will have 32/36 DGV 5A stamped on it. It will also have a small number in a cast circle on the outside of each barrel. 26 on the primary and 27 on the secondary. I cant remember what they are on the DGR but definately smaller.

Martin