HEAVY SMOKER-TRYING TO MAKE MY SJ QUIT THE HABIT.

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
OFFROADEVIL
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

HEAVY SMOKER-TRYING TO MAKE MY SJ QUIT THE HABIT.

Post by OFFROADEVIL » Sun May 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Alright,
Does anyone know of a supplier of new suzuki engine spares just wondering where the hell :lol: i can get things like piston ring kits and valve stem seals??? as i've been looking on the net a while now and just cant find anything much at all, i'm sure someone must do them.

Cheers
Gal

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: HEAVY SMOKER-TRYING TO MAKE MY SJ QUIT THE HABIT.

Post by Pugsley » Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Gal

Try this site http://www.enginestuff.co.uk - they seem to have what you need but unfortunately you don't seem to be able to telephone them and I once emailed a question to them and never got a reply. You may have better luck.

Ian

dominic
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by dominic » Sun May 30, 2010 11:24 pm

I got most of my parts from suzuki dealerships, as at the time i had trade discount.

any decent suzuki dealership should have no problem ordering what you need, i know prices cost more for genuine parts, but i recommend it for the engine. make sure that you have your chassis number at hand,so the correct parts are got for your anus.

valve stem seals are around £5 each, and you need 8.
part number for SJ410 v.s.seals is 09289-07007

as for piston rings there are 3 sizes for both 410 & 413,
standard, o.s 0.5, o.s 0.25,

as you anus is smoking , you be better off getting the engine re-bored at an engine re-borer , and they can get the new pistons, rings,bearings, etc to match the re-bore size.

its down to how much you can arrord to spend, other option is to get an exchange engine.

Dom
8-)
Currently Drive
SJ 410 Q 1985 (GREEN)
VITARA GL+ 2017 (SILVER)

Did have a IGNIS SZ5 4X4 2017 (BLACK)
Did have a GRAND VITARA 2.0 TD 2002 (GREEN)
Did have a JIMNY JLX 2001 (RED)
Did have a SJ 413V 1987 (SILVER)
Did have a BMW320i 1984 (PETROL BLUE)

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 pm

try this place http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-GASKET-SHOP their head gasket kits come with all the valve stem oil seals and they are pretty cheap. I have bought a few kits from them in the past for my 410 and the 1.6

Scott
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

OFFROADEVIL
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by OFFROADEVIL » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:17 am

Cheers for all the replies boys really appreciate the help :)

Scottie- I just sent the guy at the gasket shop a message to double check you get the stem seals with it as i think there in the picture but not sure?? also what else you get in the kit? so see what they say really, good price though about £30 :mrgreen:

Pug- I think i already looked on there and they didnt have the right bits if i remember but i might giv them another go

Dom- Bit expensive at £40 to be honest :evil: just hope it doesnt come to that :shock: also the truck seems to run ok which to me suggests its not the rings and just the stem seals :roll: guess we'll see lol gonna get my mate to do a pressure test on the rings to see if there gone first before lashing out on anything cheers for the info though mate.

thanks very much all round for the help :mrgreen: