New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
dixie74
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dixie74 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm

hi there,newbie here.i'm dixie from worthing,west sussex. not long owned my first sj.its a '86 410 with a few mods already on it.spoa, rear discs,roll hoop and offset rims. ive put on some insa special tracks so now its amazing offroad!only thing is,its a bit on the old under powered side of life with standard engine.been looking at this club for a while and have been inspired to buy a vitara 1.6 8v lump and a 1.3 gearbox with adapter plate.any advise on clutches (especially paddle) would be greatly appreciated,many thanks.

mic
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: newbie

Post by mic » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:24 pm

hi! im new to this SJ stuff myself so really cant advise on much but i can say hello and welcome to the forum!!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 pm

welcome to the forum matey!

Are you going to be using the sj on road a lot? if so i would avoid a paddle/comp clutch and just stick with a standard 1.3 clutch.

Get some pics of your rig up matey! 8-)

ScottieJ
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dixie74
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dixie74 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:17 pm

dont think this sj will ever see tarmac again :mrgreen: bought it off ebay as a bit of an unfinished project, so needs a few quid thrown towards it. but,coming straight from the world of over priced landys,ive seen just how amazing these sj's are in the mud :lol: