spacers

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
jutwit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

spacers

Post by jutwit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 pm

hey guys, i just bought a samurai cos i killed my last one, it has got grizzly claws on it and when im on full lock they rub the arches, i dont really want to change the tyres cos theres loads of tread on them, so im thinking of spacers, but im not a big fan of extending things beyond their design, will they put extra strain on things that cant take it and brake things prematuraly, or are they perfectly safe? and if they are safe to use, why do some cost £50 and others up to £200, whats the differance, and is there a safe width to get, cos there are loads of sizes out there. im just baffled by all the choice.
thanks

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Re: spacers

Post by 4eye » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:54 am

Hi...i take it rub's on the inner arch...!?.......i run griz's...and also had to put spacer's on because they rubbed on the leafs......you can have the expensive billit type...or go for the cheaper cast type....i have the cast (32mm)and have never regretted taking the cheap option......you are right in sayin that it add's stress,...but its nothing to worry about....honest.......i've had mine a year and have hit them quite hard with big ruts and a few ft drops :oops: ..

it just depends on how deep are your pockets!....the cast 1's are very good.......so i see no harm in choosing them! But that is my own opinion taken on from a few others from this site......

i hope this helps.

chris! 8-)
Last edited by 4eye on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

jutwit
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by jutwit » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:30 pm

cheaper option it is then. thanks.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 pm

also have you folded the seams over at the back of the front arches? gives you an extra inch! with a big fat hammer fold the horizontal seam down and then the vertical seam inwards and over the horizontal seam where they join and then paint.

scott
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!