I Need Advice on Upgrading Suspension for My Suzuki Swift

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
Elizashahh
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

I Need Advice on Upgrading Suspension for My Suzuki Swift

Post by Elizashahh » Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Hello there,

I am reaching out to the community for some advice regarding my Suzuki Swift. I have been considering upgrading the suspension to enhance both handling and comfort; but I am not sure where to start.

To give you a bit of background; I have a 2015 Suzuki Swift Sport that I have been driving for a few years now. While I am quite happy with its performance overall; I have noticed that the ride can be a bit harsh over uneven surfaces; and I am looking for ways to improve this without compromising too much on the sportiness that I enjoy.

Are there any particular suspension kits or components that you would recommend for improving ride comfort while maintaining good handling characteristics? I have heard about both coilover kits and spring upgrades; but I am unsure which would be the best option for my needs.

If you have done a suspension upgrade yourself, do you have any tips or advice on the installation process? I am considering doing it myself to save on costs; but I want to ensure it is done correctly.

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?mlops=90260 which definitely helped me out a lot.

After upgrading the suspension, is there a need for a specific alignment setup? I have read that getting the alignment right is crucial after making such changes; so any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: I Need Advice on Upgrading Suspension for My Suzuki Swift

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Sorry but is a suzuki 4x4 forum.

You would be better off joining an suzuki swift forum.

But yes you will need the alignment done after changing suspension components.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!