JLX sunroof seal.

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
MikeMaxo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

JLX sunroof seal.

Post by MikeMaxo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi Guys.
My 1993 JLX sunroof leaks, I siliconed it last year and was ok but has started again.. Have had a look on line but cant find a replacement rubber seal kit?
Any ideas where I might get one if still available? Or what you have done to solve yours?
Cheers. :D

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: JLX sunroof seal.

Post by Edweird » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Are you certain it's leaking? I had my sunroof in bits trying to seal it a few years ago in summer because I'd been getting dripped on in the winter.

Turned out that it's condensation. When the weather is cold water condenses on the sunroof and when I'm in the car with the heater on it collects into bigger drops and drips down.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

MikeMaxo
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: JLX sunroof seal.

Post by MikeMaxo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:50 pm

Edweird wrote:Are you certain it's leaking? I had my sunroof in bits trying to seal it a few years ago in summer because I'd been getting dripped on in the winter.

Turned out that it's condensation. When the weather is cold water condenses on the sunroof and when I'm in the car with the heater on it collects into bigger drops and drips down.
Hi.
Yeah its leaking for sure ;)