sj springs

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
voodoo beast
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

sj springs

Post by voodoo beast » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 am

after much thought about best spring arrangement for my samurai,due to cost and time available have decided to go ruf with standard springs but not sure if i should go with 2" lift springs on the rears or standard. both without the helper leaf by the way. thoughts ?
working off calmini reverse shackles on the front which may make a difference. cheers.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: sj springs

Post by Jordi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm

You'll need lift springs on the rear to level it out.

Rascal springs work out about the right height.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:34 pm

Rascal springs are getting hard to get hold of now though... the calmini reverse shackles give you about 2" I think but not sure how they will work with RUF
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

binge
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by binge » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:32 pm

I currently run RUF, and just 2" lift shackles from WellSpacedOut on the rear. Not ideal, but does the job for now.
Paired up with Astra shocks, it flexes up quite nicely.
Would like some lift springs for the rear instead of shackles. Keeping an eye out for Rascal/Carry ones, but might just end up modding for Hilux ones.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Voodoo I'll call you tomorrow lunchtime to discuss suspension options. Sorry I've just been super busy and keep forgetting to call.

You won't easily be able to run RUF with a calmini shackle reverse as the springs are longer than the fronts so it will move your axle too far backwards. Personally I would go Ruf and loose the shackle reverse.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!