my little project

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

my little project

Post by mk1joe » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm

hello everyone, im joe from gosport
at the moment i am going through motor mechanics collage so what better project to buy than a sj? but mine really is a project and looking at it i can see i will be needing a lot of your expert help, starting with rust in the rear just behind the wheel arches, is there any repair panels i can buy or will i have to cut one out another car? im sure this is the start of many future questions.
thanks for looking
joe
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (104.47 KiB) Viewed 7937 times
rear.jpg
rear.jpg (110.19 KiB) Viewed 7935 times
rust.jpg
rust.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 7937 times

rpats
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: my little project

Post by rpats » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:24 pm

my sj was that realy shady yellow colour inside....horrable
as for the rust,take a grinder to it untill you reach good metal n weld some 2/3mm plate in its place,good luck with the project.rob :doit:
if its fast or dangerous

Give me a go!!!!!!

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi looks like a nice project.

Take the grinder to the rott as said.

I have a white soft top in good condition hear, only fault is a tear on the back drivers corner, can easily be stitched if your interested?

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:11 pm

H,,, why do you think he needs a new roof???.. At least with that one, its ready for the summer,,LOL.
Welcome to the forum fella,, i think theres a supplyier in germany that does sj panals, or is it grease. Im sure if you google it, it comes up. But im sure your local fabrication shops will fold you metal to whatever shape you need.
andy.

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 am

carnut wrote:H,,, why do you think he needs a new roof???.. At least with that one, its ready for the summer,,LOL.
Welcome to the forum fella,, i think theres a supplyier in germany that does sj panals, or is it grease. Im sure if you google it, it comes up. But im sure your local fabrication shops will fold you metal to whatever shape you need.
andy.
Hi welcome to the forum have fun with it its worth it
Dave at Llama 4x4 knows the name of the company in germany
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Welcome to the club Joe. Looks like a nice project you have there, should keep you busy for a while. What have you got planned for it?
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by mk1joe » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm

so far i think im going to keep it pretty standard, maby some preformance modifications but i dont know what would be best? definately needs a new coat of paint! i think i have cleared out all of the wasps living inside of it.

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 pm

mk1joe wrote:so far i think im going to keep it pretty standard, maby some preformance modifications but i dont know what would be best? definately needs a new coat of paint! i think i have cleared out all of the wasps living inside of it.
ha... you had those little buggers too...I woke mine up on a trip to compton basset.....counted 8 in all...the wife was shoeing them out the window while I was driving,must admit I'm not a fan of them at all!........anyway

:welcome: to the forum buddy! 8-) 8-)
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm

welcome to the forum! good choice in motor! the 410s are the best :mrgreen:

looks like some serious rust you've got there so i hope you are handy with a grinder and MIG, or at least willing to learn! sjs are brilliant little cars to learn mechanics on too as they are pretty simple.

will be good to see how this one progresses :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!