anus Wagoneer springs what are your thoughts?

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: anus Wagoneer springs what are your thoughts?

Post by ferris » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Hopefully these are of some help

60mm

115mm

130mm
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:25 pm

I wasn't expecting the rear spring mount to be relocated that far back on your kit? What is the horizontal and vertical distance between centres?
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:34 am

Thats brilliant Ferris thanks very much :)
Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:46 pm

OK so bit more research :D

Talking about the fronts for clarity.

Usually when YJs are being fitted with missing links or frame extensions people seem to use this template (Sorry will all be in inches so I dont confuse myself)

This shifts the rear fixed mounting back 3 inches. Now because YJs are approx 4 inches from pin to rear eye longer this also pushes the axle forward 1 inch to get bulkhead clearance.

Now the mount that Ferris has actually pushes the rear fixed mount back 128.33mm so 5 and 1/16 inches. Just over 2 inches more. Wagoneer front springs are pretty much the same as YJs from pin to front and just under 2 inches longer from pin to rear eye.

So if I use the same missing link setup on the front as is used for YJs

and the same size bracket as Ferris' one on the back it should all fit!!! Ferris' front mount is shorter to omit missing links and make it fixed as well.

Off for some valium now whilst someone points out my mistakes.
Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.