Zukenstein gets new body parts

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Re: Zukenstein gets new body parts

Post by Jordi » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Some tidy custom work going on there bud. Liking the t/case bucket.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Ladaman
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Ladaman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:32 pm

I just love how everyone with big new tyres takes them into the house for a photo.

I'm just envious, cos I can't.

:cry:

Nice build though.
YouTube
Ignis Sport 1.5 16V; Jimny gearbox, 410 transfer box; 5.125:1 Vitara diffs; rear Lockright, Rob Storr full float rear axle, rear discs, YJ springs, virtual lift, 31" Grizzly Claws, beadlock rims, +50mm LR arches, LED rear lights, LED roof spots, bucket seats, Luke harnesses, internal cage

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks for the comments guys, uploading these here is getting the old enthusiasm going again
Ladaman wrote:I just love how everyone with big new tyres takes them into the house for a photo.

I'm just envious, cos I can't.

:cry:

Nice build though.
Yes wanted to sleep with them that night but the missus refused to go in the garage...

Women... :roll:
Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Pushed it outside to turn it round to start on the back half

Tcase is a rocklobster BTW :D Will be making twinsticks for it.

Tcase bucket hangs low enough to help things slide past the X-eng bracket

Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Wanted to have a fuel tank with a bit more ground clearance, the last zuke we ran had a tank and guard that looked like someone had taken a BFH to it. So decided to cut down the FSO one which fitted between the chassis rail perfectly was just a bit big the other way, but nice and shallow.

Had to cut out 4 inches, cut down the baffles and move the filler pipe. Pictures show it tacked together and making sure it all fits. Will put in some slosh tank sealant when it is fully welded.

Stood the rad in place to see how close it would be,

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Love home made stuff...keep it up!
If it ticks over...leave it

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:58 pm

donkeychomp wrote:Love home made stuff...keep it up!
Thanks ;)

More...

Back axle all painted up, disc conversion using front Sami callipers and new discs and pads.

Needed some different bump stops as I had mounted the back axle the same as the front using plates and bolts.

So I cut down a couple more Range R*ver ones and fitted them on the top of the plate

Started fitting the brake pipes etc

Last edited by zukenstein on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Made up the stainless steel exhaust pipe. Will finish the back part when I have made the fuel tank bash plate and the 4 x 2 rear bumper. I am planning on running the end of the exhaust through the bumper to protect it. So the cable ties are temporary :roll:.

Also started running the axle, gearbox and tcase breather pipe, these will go up inside the snorkel. Xeng handbrake on, hard fuel pipes on.

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Made some 90x90mm Box section sills and rock sliders. Built in some shackle attachment points for side winching in case it goes on it's side and to winch off once they are tied in to the chassis. I will be making a box or tube link between sill and chassis so the roll cage will bolt through the floor and bolt to them under the floor.

Loads more to do...

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Time to get Mr Angry the grinder out again. Outer sill cut away, middle sill cut away, no repairs to do woohoo!

All clamped in place