Scottie's Zuke. Blue

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Scottie's Zuke

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:40 pm

ROBBIE wrote:I kept killing cd players so now i just got radio mp3 for mine
Yeah I've been through about 4-5 now in mine and wrecked so many CDs, figured if I haven't got a CD player I won't wreck my CDs, just need to make an iphone mount on my dash now!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:50 pm

I wrecked loads of cds when I rolled, scratched and broken bits everywhere :bawling: :argh:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:34 am

Just read through the WHOLE thread over the last week or so, awesome job I feel like I have seen your SJ grow up :)

Some fantastic skills and I'm glad you didn't sell it. Hopefully will get to see it in the flesh sometime
Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.

timwilks13
SCUK Website Padawan
SCUK Website Padawan

Post by timwilks13 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 am

ScottieJ wrote:Got my front shackle mounts for the YJs pretty much done now. had a change of plan with the chassis mounts though and want to make it all bolt on so i'll be making them asap.

Also made a new battery mount as I wasn't happy with the old one.

What width is the plate you used for the extended shackle mounts mate? About to make something similar but could do with it nice and solid of course. also did you just leave them bolted on or are they welded to the chassis?
1986 SJ410 - Furry dice, new window winder.

10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont.

if you can read this you're too close to the monitor, sit back and save your eyes!!
My build, formally Trotters build.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 am

zukenstein wrote:Just read through the WHOLE thread over the last week or so, awesome job I feel like I have seen your SJ grow up :)

Some fantastic skills and I'm glad you didn't sell it. Hopefully will get to see it in the flesh sometime
Cheers matey! It's a long old thread so fair play to you for reading the whole thing! I'm sure you will see it in the flesh sometime! I do hate to say it but it might still go once the lwb is finished :thumbdown: Who knows though it might just get modded even more :lol:

And Tim I think it was 5mm, they are just bolted to the chassis, however the orignal holes in the chassis rails have been drilled out to 12mm and sleeves have been welded in.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:24 am

Scottie was there a reason you bought your front shafts from TT instead of Rob Storr? His look a pretty good price.
Zuk·en·stein - A monster made from parts of cadavers and brought to life by the power of an electrical charge.

What the fool cannot understand he laughs at, thinking that by his laughter he shows superiority instead of latent idiocy.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:35 am

zukenstein wrote:Scottie was there a reason you bought your front shafts from TT instead of Rob Storr? His look a pretty good price.
Mine were actually second hand off Tim Pink, I'm not sure if Rob Storr has CV joints in production yet does he??
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:41 am

ScottieJ wrote:
zukenstein wrote:Scottie was there a reason you bought your front shafts from TT instead of Rob Storr? His look a pretty good price.
Mine were actually second hand off Tim Pink, I'm not sure if Rob Storr has CV joints in production yet does he??
Likewise RockWatt does shafts but not CVs
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

zukenstein
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by zukenstein » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:52 am

Jordi wrote:
ScottieJ wrote:
Likewise RockWatt does shafts but not CVs
Hmmm yes see what you mean didn't notice that

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Thats what we like to see
IMG_6881.JPG
IMG_6881.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 6588 times
It did more miles in 2012 just didnt have a speedo hooked up :lol: much like twiss hasn't had for a few years it seems :hahaha: The sj was on 64k when i got it so i've racked up over 20k since i've had it :guns:

never did post up that it got new seats a while back as well.
IMG_6833[1].JPG
IMG_6833[1].JPG (2.6 MiB) Viewed 6588 times
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!