A Big Hello from Bedfordshire

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
RickUK
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow
Location: Not sure me Tom Tom is bust,but it could be North of Watford Gap.Could be Bedfordshire though.

A Big Hello from Bedfordshire

Post by RickUK » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Well just a quick intoduction as you can guess i am Rick i have a 1986 SJ413 with a genuine mulage of under 30k which was a ragtop originally but a Hardtop was added about 10 years back it was my Dads car who had it for many years but at the grand old age of Eighty has decided that he would like some creature comforts like suspension which the SJ does lack a little but rather than give it away he gave it to me about 2.5 years back and the only time i use it is for going metal detecting on a sunday.

Its a stock motor but does have a set of vitara alloys and as i mentioned earlier the hardtop which does bring the looks up onto the 90s stylewise :lol: i will try and get a picture or 3 uploaded of the old gal,i always had a Isuzu 4x4 with big diesel pulling power and when the SJ came along with all 1300 odd cc i thought this is going to be total crap at mud pluggin so i have to admit i was totally wrong it can plug away with the best of them and more 8-)

I have just found out that the battery has finally gone to the battery graveyard in the sky so i have to buy a new one,but while i have a winch to add to the old gal i will update to a higher output one depending on the price i guess.

Right this has been my introduction and hope to add many more posts to the forum.

Rick
Deceased.
SJ413 tinwormed to the great car grave yard in the sky.
Vitara LWB V6 engine deceased and also in the great grave yard in the sky.
www.hideones.info www.hideones.info
Current wheels.
BMW X5 Le Mans 3.0turbo diesel.
Looking for a newish Suzuki Jimny.

the fool
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: A Big Hello from Bedfordshire

Post by the fool » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

hello and welcome to the club

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm

good evening and welcome to SCUK, its always nice to see new members on the forum, hurry up and get some pics posted so we can cast an 'expert' eye over your SJ, well maybe not but we can tell you how nice it looks! an 86' sj, thats good most of the old ones have gone to the big scrap yard in the sky, and less than 30k! wow, my sj had 49k when i got it, and i thought that was low milage!

any way it sounds like you own a good example of japanese engineering at its finest

Luke

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:36 am

Welcome to THE forum! :P

I've known a few people who's either slated or have just said"Well....its not a proper off roader is it...!??"
so i simply say utube! And look it up!ha

lookin forward to see them pic's! :lol: 8-)
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 am

howdi! sounds like a good little zuke, like the others have said wheres those pics!

And like luke said its good to see some of the older zukes still on the road, i've got two 87 410s one that is higly modded and one i am just about to put back on the road as a gentle greenlaner in fairly standard form for the misses

I think james on here uses an 85 410 too 8-)
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by ROBBIE » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:02 am

Hi welcome to the club :mrgreen:
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

Henry
Suzuki Guru