Angle grinder

Not covered by any of categories below, want a winch or need to buy some recovery gear then your question goes in here!

You will also find online parts catalogues, Service manuals and a other useful info here.
Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Angle grinder

Post by Newtomud » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:21 pm

A while back there was a thread where Twiss was saying he needed a new angle grinder and he didn't want to pay fortunes for it... I recommended going to argos to get a cheapie grinder(about£17.99) and buying the insurance they sell (something I've never done in the past)..
Well.. The insurance(£5.99 for three years) was worth it because I killed the first grinder then killed it's replacement and today I picked up my third grinder ..Free..No questions asked.
Wonder how many grinders I can go throu in three years :?: :hack:

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Angle grinder

Post by turbo-tom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:13 pm

haha so that the £5.99 warranty well spent then! , the things with tools is that they say, if you pay cheap you you pay more , and if you by expensive you pay less , something like that anyway :lol: :lol:

speaking of which i need to sort my grinder out because the switch is stuck on the on postion :lol:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am

Well I gave up looking for a cheap grinder...
my mate left his round my house and then moved 2 counties away so I've sort of adopted it now ;)
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I bought a £40 one from B&Q, it comes with a 3 year warrantee but so far its taken all the abuse ive thrown at it!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 pm

turbo-tom wrote:haha so that the £5.99 warranty well spent then! , the things with tools is that they say, if you pay cheap you you pay more , and if you by expensive you pay less , something like that anyway :lol: :lol:

speaking of which i need to sort my grinder out because the switch is stuck on the on postion :lol:
I totally agree, cheap tools are usually rubbish but, if you're doing a one off job or on a budget then ?
Funny thing is every time I take the grinder back they give me a newly dated receipt..Wonder if the three years starts again from the new date?

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Newtomud wrote:
turbo-tom wrote:haha so that the £5.99 warranty well spent then! , the things with tools is that they say, if you pay cheap you you pay more , and if you by expensive you pay less , something like that anyway :lol: :lol:

I totally agree, cheap tools are usually rubbish but, if you're doing a one off job or on a budget then ?
Funny thing is every time I take the grinder back they give me a newly dated receipt..Wonder if the three years starts again from the new date?
yeah i bought a cheap 4inch hole saw for about 4 pound to do my exhaust , but the teeth on the saw just desoveled and scratch the paint wor, so i bit the bullet and spend £14 ona decent one and got the job done in about 30 seconds :lol:

and that would be great if it did ;)

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 pm

turbo-tom wrote:
Newtomud wrote:
yeah i bought a cheap 4inch hole saw for about 4 pound to do my exhaust , but the teeth on the saw just desoveled and scratch the paint wor, so i bit the bullet and spend £14 ona decent one and got the job done in about 30 seconds :lol:

and that would be great if it did ;)
Best place to buy hole saws is off e-bay, look for Starret saws, IMHO about the best. I recently bought a job lot of 11 for £14, included an arbour as well.

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:40 pm

ohrite cheers for that tim , i normally stick with dewalt , makita , snap on , blue point tools , but i spoze it dont hurt change :lol:

Vitara brown
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Vitara brown » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am

Never bought one just borrow them from work with discs and forget to return they come with life time guaranty swap when well used and abused. lol

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Holy thread revival!
My borrowed angle grinder is still going well!
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."