Anton's build

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Anton
I spend far too much time on here

Re: Anton's build

Post by Anton » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Jordi wrote:Busy again then mate. Sounds the drive train will be silky smooth once it's all done.
I do hope so! It'd be rather annoying to do all that and find something else was wrong and ruining the drive - but there's not much left to overhaul after this!
Ladaman wrote:Nice to hear you are back on with it, so your health must have improved so thats a bonus too.
Teeny bit. It'll be a couple of months before I'm firing on all cylinders again. :(

That's the nature of having a misfiring brainstem, though.
Ladaman wrote:I've just had to change a half shaft, as I found the bearing was shot. I only noticed this when changing the shoes, the cage had disappeared, so you might be lucky.

To check the trueness of the rear axle casing, can you clamp on a straight edge on the end faces and measure the distace/length. Rotate 90 degrees and measure again? Possibly easier and simpler to identify than with a "gadget".

Take it easy.
We'll see - I have a laser level, hopefully that'll be real easy - just plant it on the ground and measure the distance from the bottom of the axle casing to the line, top of the axle casing to the line, and do so again along the length of the axle - if it's true, it should come up with the same numbers all the way along. Very similar idea to yours, only including lasers.

And lasers, much like light sabres and bacon, make everything better. Everything.
turbo-tom wrote:Sounds like a plan are you running back and front arb's?
I have one for each axle, but they're staying in a cupboard for now. I have enough to do! ;)
1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

My: Build thread To-do list Pay and Play map

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:17 pm

Ooooo how snazy! Younkeot that quiet! Join the locker crew :D
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:27 pm

1985 SJ413VX (SJ50V) with SPOA, rear disc brakes, 31x10.5R15 Kaiman Malatesta tyres, an MOT and a lot left to do!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 pm

That might need changing.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:02 pm

Naah, those are good for another 100,000 miles at least...

:-D

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm

Anton wrote:Naah, those are good for another 100,000 miles at least...

:-D
I thinks its next 100,000 should be as a baked bean can.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

Well, it (and the one from the other side) are sitting atop my mums bin awaiting pickup by the Romanian scrappies who operate around here - so they may become exactly that!

4x4rick
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by 4x4rick » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Anton.. not heard a reply to my PM /tx

im still waiting for those brake lines to be returned....( they not a freebie)

if you'ld be so kind to send them back

thanks R

Anton

Post by Anton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm

Ooohkay...

Rick - I didn't ignore your text, I just thought I'd send 'em back, job jobbed. I had to get ready for that MOT I was flailing about trying to get done and send back a bunch of stuff that wasn't right (wheel nuts, brake pistons/rebuild kit, LED bulbs that didn't work yada yada), I just thought I'd send the brake pipes back with all that lot. There was about 5 or 6 parcels.

I got it in my head I'd sent them back to ya. Just checked the box I've got the diffs stored in, and...

...they were still there.

Sorry mate! I've just put them in a jiffy bag and printed out a postage label, I'll drop them off at the post office tomorrow and I'll text you the tracking number.

Jeeze, now I feel a right Image

Anton

Post by Anton » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:33 pm

Just need to tune the carb to sort out the emissions, replace the kingpin bearings (all the axle bearings, actually) and we're good to go for MOT2 - revenge of the Suzuki SJ...