1983 bmw e21

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
i_am_me
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

1983 bmw e21

Post by i_am_me » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:36 pm

my bmw,
1983 316 in lapis blue.
1.8 8v on a weber carb with a five speed gearbox.
it also has upgraded springs to be fitted.
had a couple of rust holes and poor repairs over the years but that is expected of a car this age.
im sure some of you will have seen it on ebay but i got it in the end for £335 plus £100 to go pick it up which i think is pretty good.
it is mot`d till april.and in general is in good condition.
has a bit of rot in the boot.half of it has already been welded.
its had two plates welded just behind the front wheels.
there has been a couple of plates welded it to the sills which are a bit untidy and a hole in the rear quater
runs a bit rough but i think its just a blocked carb so its sould be an easy fix.

at the moment im trying to find a suitable set of alloys and considering retro fitting some more modern cream leather seats because im not a fan of the standard ones.
would also like a limited slip diff but they are difficult to get at a reaonable price so that can wait a while.

right
have changed the diff oil now but is still a bit noisy so may be on its way out.
also put some wheels i had onto it.but they were et38 so i have had it wait for some hubcentric spacers to fit them.
and im still looking out for a set that suits it better.
still driving it around and it hasnt had any real problems other than the brakes being off balance and a warped disc.
so i have orderded a new set of discs and pads which will be fitted once they arrive.

have now fitted the new bumper corners that came with the car so i havent got a big rust hole showing anymore,if only the front bumper was in such good condition :lol:
also got the suspension fitted on the rear and all set up,so it is now height adjustable 8)

yet another set of wheels which i have had for a while but looked silly on it at its previous height.
genuine compomotives that i bought and put on my golf a while ago before i found these.
which i couldnt resist trying one out to see how they looked 8)
it may get put on the minilites when the weather clears up a bit

now the snows and ice is gone i decided to put it on the minilites
also have sorted the bottom of the front wings up as they had been pulled away from the body.
also removed all the rivets that were in the sills from when the previous owner removed the skirts and then undersealed the full sill so it looks a lot tidier now 8)
its getting quite low now :lol:

since it was such a nice day today i decided to give it a bit of a polish since i hadnt done it yet.
also painted the rear drums black because for some reasone they were partly yellow :?
If at First You Don’t Succeed Skydiving Is Not for You

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: 1983 bmw e21

Post by rory-ray » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Wow you are a busy bee. I wish I had the space and time for multiple projects!
1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:26 pm

rory-ray wrote:Wow you are a busy bee. I wish I had the space and time for multiple projects!
Be nice to have more time and space for the 2 i have.

Looks a lot tidier than when you bought it.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Finally a car I havent owned :lol:

I do love E21s though! Looks nice!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Hodgie812
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Hodgie812 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Fair improvement from when U got it. Loving it on the mini lites!!!!
Built with ebay!!!