Project Mud! Pick up conversion!

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: I Have my Lovley Back!!!!

Post by rory-ray » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Just had a nice chilled afternoon working on our Suzi, got a few things done and stripped the rear out ready too chuck a few shovels and tools in the back, found a small rust hole on the rear seatbelt mounting point, so I used a pressed plate that I had lying around for adges to cover it over, yes its a bit of a bodge, but its a offroader, who said anything about being pretty???? I Then pasted some direct to rust paint around the rear boot floor to protect it from any futher tin worm!

As you can see she left me with some lovley seat covers

All removed and began stripping the rear out, I took part of the roof up for acess!

Little rust hole & pressed plate

Some mastic

And bobs your nans cat

I Then took more advantage of the plate, and made a stereo black cover thingy

Then this happened

Front seats out, all carpets out

A view of the 'repair' from underneath, :D

Front seats in, 2nd coat of paint

All back together, roof back on, ready for some mud!

1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

donkeychomp
I spend far too much time on here

Post by donkeychomp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Glad you got her back! And a heads up about that plate, I got pulled over a few weeks ago and got a £60 fine for having my plate on the bonnet. They could have just told me to get it changed but I got PC Plod from Hell. Wanker.
If it ticks over...leave it

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Ah dam man that's no good! thanks for the heads up donkey!

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

turbo-tom

Post by turbo-tom » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:28 pm

well done on the tracking back of it as said looks like a nice vitara.
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Apart from those seat covers looks like a nice Vit and a good story to go with it :doublethumbs:

About your rust repair though :lol: as creative as it is, it will carry on rusting out underneath so might want to get the rot cut out and it welded at some point, more than welcome to drive over to mine to have it done of you can't weld :thumbup: wouldn't take very long.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Cheers lads, yeah its a dog rough repair scottie, just wanted to fill the hole for now but ill deffinatly take up you offer on plating it for me, welding is something I want to learn but just haven't got the facilitys at the moment.

I Got loads of welding for you if your interested? my mate needs his cage welded onto his vitara, and steel box section bumpers. The cage welds onto the front and rear bumpers then is connected to rock sliders that need welding onto the chassis.

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Had a few hours working on the vitara yesterday.

Went to my local scrappy were my mate works and got a couple of things for free.

Some Ali chequer plate
A Huge length of Fibreglass Waffle Board

So I got cutting the Chequer plate into shape to form a front bash plate, went pretty dam well tbh considering I bent it on the curb and rougthly cut it too shape. I Put it up about 4 inches past the bottom of the radiator and bolted it to the slam panel, I had to chuck a couple of zip ties on it to stop it rattling against the bumper bar, BUT I am waiting to fit a couple of exhaust U bolts in the week. I Tested it out earlier and was very happy with it. Im just waiting to grab some steel plate now to make a Front underside / Diff gaurd up!

The guard taking shape,

Test Fit

Bolted up, cable ties are just to stop it rattling against the front bar! Honest haha

And I also cut the waffle board to shape, this stuff is unbelivibly grippy, I also give them a quick test run earlier and they held the vitara fine with little flex! I Have about 3mx22"" Left if someone would like to make there own!

Waffle board material!

All cut

Thanks for taking a peek at my weekend!

coupedriver
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by coupedriver » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Ace job with the bash guard mate,is there any chance you made a paper template that you could mail to me,at my cost of course,thanks

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks mate, ill measure you one up and cut it too size then let you know when its ready

donkeychomp

Re: Project Mud - Protection!

Post by donkeychomp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Nothing beats a bit of home made stuff...my diff guard cost pennies, a new one could cost £150+ nice work there.
If it ticks over...leave it