bull bar fitting help pls

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
coupedriver
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

bull bar fitting help pls

Post by coupedriver » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:31 pm

After Luke very kindly donated me some bull bars I took this afternoon off to fit them,but no joy,can't find where they attach to,do I have to remove the front bumper for them to fit,or am I just missing some brackets,they do line up with the a arm mount but are about 10 inches away,or am I better off welding brackets to the frame rails,some pics so you can see my problem.
IMAG1205.jpg
IMAG1205.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 6034 times
IMAG1206.jpg
IMAG1206.jpg (956.71 KiB) Viewed 6034 times

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: bull bar fitting help pls

Post by rory-ray » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 pm

have you got any pictures of them front on? on my white vitara they were cut into the bumper and sat on the outside of the chassis legs, these look like they will fit the same im not 100% but they look a very simuler fitment
1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

coupedriver
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by coupedriver » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:03 pm

Sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by chassis legs???

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:14 pm

Don't worry mate, I just studied the photos a bit better.
you will need brackets, the bars look like they may of been from a long wheel base vitara so wont bolt up to yours, or there from a short wheel base vitara and you got a long wheel base one?
1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 pm

When you look down in the engine bay. Each side of the engine bay you will see "box" section either side of the engine. And also it will be close to the other side of the wings.
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

coupedriver
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by coupedriver » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Mine is swb,they line up with the inside of the,is it,bottom wish bone mounts,exactly.am I better welding mounts to there or the "box" section/chassis rails,going to notts sunday to visit father in law who's a pro welder,so can get him to do it,which one is better to weld to.Thankyou