My Daily Vw Bora

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

My Daily Vw Bora

Post by rory-ray » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Heres my daily Vw Bora

Bought this one by complete chance, after selling my mk4 golf runaround and using a 1.8 civic v-tec thing other as a runaround for a few weeks I put a deposit on a 1.8t bora, real tidy but the seller F'ed me about a lot, I got my deposit back and search for something else.

A Friend linked me to this on ebay locally, I viewed it and collected it that same night for a cheap price, it had a MOT failure sheet totting up to £500 (from the mot station) and ran out of tax, the seller was quite clueless in general so I feel that because of that it helped me strike a bargain.

I got it ready for the mot it cost me £32 for the parts, £35 for the mot and a extra £10 for my mate to pass the emissons on the ruined cat converter he then de-catted it for me.

I Then taxed it the next day and I treated her too a full service by myself inbetween getting her on the road.

Its only a little 2.0, I just put it over 100k, and theres FSH from vw.

I wasn't going to leave it standard, being a vw addict I had a set of coilovers ready to fit, a set of a3 cloth recaros, plus a set of 18" wheels that I just had refurbed and powder coated in flat silver for free.

I treated the car to a full semi big detail by myself, that involed claying, machining and glazing the paintwork, and last month I carried out a big detail this time involving scratch and swirl removing componds then flattening the paint work over, it took a lot of work but the results speak for thereselfs, ill let the pictures do the talking, from first days to most recent at VAG day castle coombe last month.

Ive owned this car nearly 5 months now, and I love it haha!

As Bought

A3 seats In

Rear wing after claying and machine polishing, you can see the difference in untouched the rear bumper

Wheels

De-cat

Coilovers and wheels on, wound down around 50mm settling them in

Bought some genune vw roof bars cheap

Attended Volksfest with one of my many bmx's on the roof car is low in these pics!

Blacked the front badge and got some Genuine audi centres for the wheels

Removed the a3 recaros and gave the inside a full valet and shampooed the carpets ready for some different recaros

Full major paint correction results, swirls removed and paint flattened

Done a few other bits and pieces in between aswell but nothing real important

Heres some of it at VAG day last month, with another bmx on the roof!

At there she is, im usually doing bits and bobs to it but at the moment im chilling with it a bit and concentrating on the vitara for a while, but no doubt ill be fiddling with her in between!

For what its worth anyone in or near Bristol who want there car detailed give me a shout, I could do with some extra cash! Sorry No off roaders haha!
1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: My Daily Vw Bora

Post by Edweird » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 pm

That garage looks familiar.....

Is that the garage I bought a gearbox and a bright yellow fuel tank from about two years ago?
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

rory-ray
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rory-ray » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:49 am

I wouldont have a clue, my mate rents the garage I borrowed a parking space in there while I was sorting the car out. The garage is in Bedminster down Bristol if that rings any bells?
1994 Pick Up Converted Vitara

+2" Springs, Pro Comp Front And Rear Shocks, 31" Marshalls On 8j's, Front Winch Bumper, OMP Steering Wheel And Boss, Bucket Seats, Stripped Out, Black Bonnet With Scoop, Few Dents And Scratches, Little Rust!!!

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:58 am

Nope, unless Bristol is in Chesterfield.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

coupedriver
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by coupedriver » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:04 am

That's some mighty fine detailing :thumbup: