justaddmud's kja build (code named MK5)

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: justaddmud's kja build (code named MK5)

Post by justaddmud » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Today's update is called

Tyred :lol:

Seem to have spent most of the day Waiting, first for CEX in town to value my phone, ended up walking back out with it as they said it had scratches on it so knocked £30 off the web site price, anyway, I then filled my Skoda up with 4 15x8 wheels witted with some 255/60/15 road tyres, and 4 235 75 15 tyres that I got this week (anyone who has tried fitting tyres into a car will understand how impressive this is).

and here is the end result

the rubber on these Maxxis is pretty soft, I can move the lugs by hand so will be intersting to see how they perform, apparently they won the Baja 1000 this year.

anyway cant predict any other updates tomorrow as i am waiting for a nice big box of stuff to arrive from Mr Andyrew, then things will get going, hopefully to an MOT garage but we will see

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Seeing as the other KJA's are all updating, thought I would join in as well :-)

not a lot of pictures as it was cold cold and cold, plus my offroad camera has a battery that lasts as long as a gold fish's memory.

Anyway, did get one or two pics.

I recently took delivery of Andyrew's Brake conversion kit, very nicely done, and perfect for the job, will fit that properly soon (once i remove the shafts and cut the back plate down)

Anyway one of the reasons for the rear disc is that i hate drums, the get clogged with mud, they are overly complicated and have gotten really expensive to put right (new cylinder and shoes with a spring kit are getting close to £50 a wheel)

now i removed my back axle so i could fit some red ebay poly bushes, relocate the springs back under the axle and fit the extended shackles to match the reversal up front so i removed the drum

dont think it is suppose to look like that

anyway i moved past this in with the other bits i got from Andyrew was a dash,he was generous enought to throw it in as it had a broken bit, it would also appear that the late sammy dash is different to the early 413 one as dispite the connections being the same, there was some warning light mishapps, cut a long storey short, i removed the PCB from both, used mine on the sammy dash and hey presto

during

done

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Liking the wheels and tyres. The 235s look dead wide on mine. Probably cos' i'm missing the plastic arches.

Nice work on the dash fit :thumbup:
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm

looking good dude

:doublethumbs: Andy
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

dannytrigger
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dannytrigger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:57 pm

thinking of redrilling my perches to move my axels out a bit more do you need to redrill the u blot plates aswell?

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

dannytrigger wrote:thinking of redrilling my perches to move my axels out a bit more do you need to redrill the u blot plates aswell?
Yes both the plate and the perch need re drilling and will need a prop spacer in there as well

mine was a 14mm hole (had to buy a new drill bit) started small with a 4mm bit and worked my way up, nice and easy, got to do it again now with the new front perches (ones that have the shock month on)

dannytrigger
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dannytrigger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:01 pm

brill thats another job on the list then! Has any one ever run two prop spacers on one prop? just i already have spacer and with my lift the prop is already near its limits

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

what lift are you running then, mine has 1.5" spring, 2" reversal and is moved forward a bit and only needs one spacer, you could probably run two but the angles would be so extreme, be better to get a company to lengthen one by a few inches, probably cheaper than 2 spacers anyway

dannytrigger
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by dannytrigger » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Spoa, and shackle lift also got body lift but this will not effect prop.

I was thinking maybe get some made up? seen few people cut and weld props but worried about putting them out of balance?

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 am

well here is how she sits, now, did some work to try and get her back up and running again (need to get my real car fix as this modern rubbish is just not doing it for me)

the front is now done bar 4 caliper bolts and bleeding the brakes, the rear I need to pull the shafts ready for the disc brake conversion and then need to run the rear lines through a manual bias valve that can be adjusted from inside the cab.

here are some pics, as you can see, a bit low in the rear, need to address that

about 30kg tool box in the back but otherwise as it sits (my springs are fubared due to previous SPOA with no extended bump stops)

plus 3" shocks, just shows how bad they are as it has a 2" shackle lift on there too

the front, new lines, replacement spring plates with shock mounts, pro comp es3000's (nice and firm just the way i like it) new brake lines, new hoses all ready to bolt the callipers up