My Escudo Project

All tech relating to the Suzuki Vitara that won't relate to any other models, Front IFS etc.
Rogan
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

My Escudo Project

Post by Rogan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:20 pm

I purchased this wee Suzuki a year ago with intention of getting into off roading, I looked around for ages and all i could find was stuff needing welding or complete rot boxes! Then i decided to look in southern Ireland as they got a lot of jap imports in! i uncovered a rust free Suzuki Escudo with a wee 16v engine! after a bit of bantering, she was bought for £270 :lol:
If it was ever to be a off roader the side steps had to come off before they got dragged off :P Then i went about lifting it with grand vitara diesel front spring and rear springs as well, which made a noticeable difference 8)
So they obviously had to be tested that weekend :doublethumbs:

Got bored really quickly of the rough silver paint and thought it needed some satin black and green to liven it up :lol:

For the past few year she has done a few off road events and i've had brilliant banter in it, but I've been wanting to do a bit more for the craic!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3OHOP1O ... ature=plcp[/youtube]
Always handy having friends working in quarrys to get it washed after all the off road days :wink:
Last edited by Rogan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogan
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: My Escudo Project

Post by Rogan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:22 pm

decided last month it was time for a colour change and maybe do a few more changes for the winter so was gonna aerosol it white but decided against it, so after a week of painting shutters in work red, thought there plenty of left over paint! loll

decided while treating it to some new paint it was snorkel time! :D

Also invested in a new bumper and winch and some new tyres just before christmas :D So it currently is looking like this>

Its got a 2in body lift but i was out last night and i think at one point the tyre was still catching :S so might have to invest in the 3inch body lift but does anyone know if that puts me into problems with brake lines etc??
Last edited by Rogan on Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Welcome and that red suits it alot better then that black! , and i love that quary jet wash :lol:
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Nice build :smokin: always good to see how vehicles evolve over the years of ownership! Does look good in red!

And likewise I wish I had access to one of those jet washes, I think it's the bane of every offroader having to clean them down after a day out!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!