Project Bodge

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Project Bodge

Post by ferris » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Yeah i was thinling of something along the same lines Andy, but iv just left the washers on for the time being as iv been having a bit of a ball ache with the rest of it :lol: .

I'v been using the write up in the DIY section and it says to cut the drums out using the indentation in them, which i did. Then when i went to put the discs on it was to big :pissed: . So i had to cut about another 10mm all the way round on both of them. This cost me another few hours cutting and grinding, and also a trip to A and E after getting some metal in my eye. (Although that was my fault for wearing sun glasses instead of goggles) :roll:

Before
After

Other than that everything els went ok and its pretty much ready to go now. Just need to bleed the brakes but il do that tomorrow when its light.

86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Looking good ferris.

Hope the eyes ok.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:18 pm

looking good mark

if you do want a bit of 3mm ally , we have loads of off cuts/ scrap at work so id happily post you some little squares out , if you cover postage. im sure washers will be fine tho.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

yes you`ll look silly but safety first!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UVEX-ULTRASON ... 3a7c9e86a3
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:00 am

Cheers guys :thumbup: . My eyes not to bad now, i just have to put some weird paste init 4 times a day. First thing i did the next day was go and buy a new set of goggles 8-) .
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

adamsj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by adamsj » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 pm

just a quick question.what are those kumhos like off road in the mud etc as the size u run is the size i mite b getting

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Yeah they seem ok in the mud althogh iv not really done any serious off roading with them. I think they are a good compromise if you do alot of road miles like i do. But if your going to be mainly using them off road id probably go for something a bit more agressive.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 am

Now bud. I know you've not had it on long but i was wondering how the JPEater kit was?

I'm happy with my lift sprins but think this may be the way to go for me. Looking through your pics you're getting way more articulation than me, as expected.

Wondered if you do many miles in it? Has it improved road comfort as much as it claims? Still handles fine?

Are you just running standard YJ springs?

Last question. All in what did it cost including all shipping and taxes to get it?

Last time i tried buying over a £1000s worth of gear of Calmini which i'd paid for. After 12 weeks it hadn't arrived so i cancelled it. So i'm a bit wary of trying again with another american company.

Sorry for all the questions.
Cheers
Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Did they have to scrape the rust ring off your eye with a needle? They did for mine. Was rather sore after that!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Only the kinda mistake you make one isn't it lads. Never forget when i got petrol in my eye. It burnt so badly.

I used to just wear the protective glasses. But as we all know when working underneath we lie and grind at all kindsa angles with sparks flying everywhere so i invested in some decent full goggles.

Jordi