After a good suzuki mechanic.

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
clubbysj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

After a good suzuki mechanic.

Post by clubbysj » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Took Ian ( a nice typical name for a car :mrgreen: ) out for a spin today and the fuelling issues are still there. From looking at various pics, i'm pretty sure that he is running an electronic fuel pump already, although i could be wrong on this.

I'm now getting a bit fed up, as for once, it would be nice to drive somewhere without the constant worry of it happening again, so i think the time has come for him to visit someone that knows their stuff with Suzukis, someone that can give him a good going over and hopefully sort out any little niggles along the way.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on here ? I'm in Sawtry between Huntingdon and Peterborough, but quite often head down to Letchworth, so don't mind a bit of travel if it means i might get him all better

Cheers, Daz

ROBBIE
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Re: After a good suzuki mechanic.

Post by ROBBIE » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:15 pm

sorry daz i lve i dorset so cant help hope ian gets well soon but he does sound just like an sj to me
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

clubbysj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by clubbysj » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:06 pm

You can tell by the tone of my post that i was having one of those days can't you :mrgreen:

Better day today :mrgreen:
Think i'll try a few bits myself , but still keep an eye out for a good mechanic along the way.

Daz

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:42 pm

just picked up the tail end of your saga,, what year and cc, is your zuk. and what exactly is the proplem.

clubbysj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by clubbysj » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:21 am

Hi

It's an 86 with a 970c engine, although the engine is from a Bedford Rascal / Suzuki Carry and not an Sj410 ( although i've been told they are basically the same ). The main problem is fuel related. There's a bit more info on this post.
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/phpBB3/ph ... f=26&t=482

Daz