carb gasket

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
petelee
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

carb gasket

Post by petelee » Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm

More little problems,my rocker cover gasket seems to have disintegrated after a few short weeks it was a cork type one so i've ordered one from japarts but i also need a carburettor gasket and bolts as the previous mechanic has the carb held on with threaded rod with 2 nuts missing and the others not tightened up,is it possible to get just the carb gasket or do i have to shell out for a complete set.Oh and of course i've sheared one of the rocker cover bolts so need one of them as well.Anyone any idea where i can get these from i've not had much luck looking on the net and didn't get time to ring round today.One day i'll get round to some serious offroading.

mattzuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: carb gasket

Post by mattzuki » Thu May 22, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem with the rocker cover. I had the same problem with a rocker cover bolt - to get the snapped bolt out use one of those special bits (which drill counterclockwise) that you can get from a motor factor - use a small drill to create a pilot hole and then screw the bit in. Because it works counterclockwise it brings the snapped section out. I got new bolts from a main dealer (not expensive), and I would recommend replacing the special washers the bolts all go through - perished ones will leak, and again they're not much money.

Cheers,

Matt.

dominic
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: carb gasket

Post by dominic » Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 pm

I agree with Matt,
A good suzuki dealer should get them for you, as those parts are not that expensive.
And in the long run , you be better off.
The rocker cover gasket, carb gasket, nuts and bolts, and get a new set of rocker cover bolts and the sealed washers is also a must.

Dom

8-)
Currently Drive
SJ 410 Q 1985 (GREEN)
VITARA GL+ 2017 (SILVER)

Did have a IGNIS SZ5 4X4 2017 (BLACK)
Did have a GRAND VITARA 2.0 TD 2002 (GREEN)
Did have a JIMNY JLX 2001 (RED)
Did have a SJ 413V 1987 (SILVER)
Did have a BMW320i 1984 (PETROL BLUE)