Never thought it would come to this........

A place for all UK LJ owners to introduce themselves and for all LJ series tech and builds
rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Never thought it would come to this........

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Well as I type this I can't believe its come to this. But sadly it looks like i will have to sell or swap my LJ80Q. I have 3 boys, a 5yr old, 3 yr old and a 6 month old. And my mrs works every weekend. So in short i never get chance to go out in the lj at weekends and the rare occassion i do I can only take one of my boys and of course the other sits at home jealous :-(. So after much thought and being upset at looking at my LJ all week just sitting there I've decided it's best to let it go to a good home. I've decided I want a VW T4 Diesel van/camper so I can do something with all the kids at weekends. So i thought I would ask on here first before I go the ebay route to see if anyone has a vw t4 van/camper they would want to swap for an LJ? Cash either way. Wasn't sure where to put this. So sorry Scott and co if it should be in another section. If you want to pm me I can provide photos and info if you have said vehicle to swap. Alternatively i have a seat toledo V5 that i may sell and buy a camper and trailer and that way i get to keep the Lj too :-) anyone in a similar position and come up with an LJ keeping solution??? Help.....
LJ80Q

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: Never thought it would come to this........

Post by Edweird » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 pm

........Sell the children? Joking!

What is the problem? Space or cost? If it's cost, have you thought about getting a trailer to go behind the T4 so you can tow the LJ about?
A T4 might render the Seat redundant too, as they're a nice place to be, and you get a much better driving position that a Seat can provide, even if at a small cornering performance loss.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

turbo-tom
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by turbo-tom » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:11 pm

bit of a silly question but has the lj got seats in that back?

please shout at me if im wrong!!
Tom :)

Ford Fiesta ST :D

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Well ive got a mazda 5 people carrier that the mrs uses. The seat i use. LJ is for fun. So I thought Id sell the Seat and get a T4 ( with trailer for LJ) problem being we have no family so would still have 6 month old with me as well as 3 and 5 yr old and therefore could not go and play in the LJ. So I was thinking someone on here could prob make use of the LJ and I would get the their t4. Space not an issue, cost becoming an increasing factor with 3 children. But the hardest part is the single parent at the weekend scenario at the weekends as my mrs has to work. Plus I dont like to see an LJ just left in the garage. The little lj's should be used in my opinion. Thanks for your idea though
LJ80Q

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Hi Tom. No LJ not got seats in the back. And if it did I wouldnt like to have my 6 month old bouncing around in it lol. 3 and 5 year love it though.
LJ80Q

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 pm

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: You know you have to do your best to not let it come to that, I can't even bring myself to say it! Most people regret selling their SJs within a few weeks of it going so I'd hate to see you sell it and then regret it a week later!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

juncopartner
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by juncopartner » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:11 pm

NO NO NO!!!

You can't sell it, There's no one else who's still got one I can reminisce
about the good old days of the LJ80 register, 4x4 Driver meets etc.

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:23 am

I am trying hard believe me not to het rid of it. Need to find a t4 quick and a trailer!!!
LJ80Q

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 am

You don't need a trailer LJs book weight is 750kg so that means its just on the limit of you being able to Aframe it unbraked ;)
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!