new face

New to SCUK.co.uk? say hello, give us an idea of who you are, and show us a pic of your pride and joy. were friendly and wont bite!
timmy511
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

new face

Post by timmy511 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm

hi all,

ive been viewing the forum for a few weeks now after buying an sj410.

im in new zealand, originally from huddersfield west yorks. i was a total landy nut back home, had numerous comp trucks including 2 ibexs'. here in nz i have a 70 series landcruiser which currently needs a new motor.

recently picked up this sj, and i think ive been converted! so easy to work on, no need for an engine crane, i can rebuild the motor in about 10 minutes, did a head gasket and cam belt in 3 hours! bloody love it! i dont find the 1ltr engine underpowered, i just find its missing a gear! looks like im keeping the zook, building a motor for the cruiser and sending that oversized pig on its way!

main thing id want to do to the zook are fit a 5 speed box, and super charge it! i think it will be highly amusing. in the future id like to built a 1.6 twin cam twin chager suzuki engine, 1.6 vit block and crank with 1.3 gti head, ive seen 1.6 heads on g13as go im guessing it could work the other way, any hows just a pipe dream atm.

right im off to't transmissions page to ask about gearbox lengths 410 4 speed compared to a 413 5 speed......

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: new face

Post by Newtomud » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 am

:welcome: to the club. :snap:

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:23 am

Hi and :welcome:

Heres a video of a G16 block running a G13BA head. Not quite what you wanted but its a start.

Click Here for Youtube Video

Dan :thumbup:
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ROBBIE

Post by ROBBIE » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

hi :welcome: to :suzuki: club
Sid James gone but never forgotten
Jimny 1.6 not as good as an SJ but still good

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 am

:welcome: to the club :thumbup: .
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:22 pm

:welcome2: to :S:cuk matey! sounds like you have some good plans! I personally love the little F10 engine, it's a bulletproof little motor!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

timmy511
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by timmy511 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:29 am

its so easy to work on! gonna do a back main seal and sump gasket this weekend. we'll find out how heavy the gear box is, looks so small ill be doing it on my back with one arm! cant wait.

already planning a comp truck, ive found a pick up sj410 with no back on it, just a rolling chassis and cab......... triangulated symetrical 4 link suspension with johnny joints, jimney springs, tray backed, hilux axles, g16a twin cam, super charged.... i think ill stop dreaming here, i need to get more established at work befor i go asking to use the work shop for such a project......... and sell my landcruiser!

rgonzobull
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by rgonzobull » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi and welcome to the club!
LJ80Q

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:37 pm

timmy511 wrote:its so easy to work on! gonna do a back main seal and sump gasket this weekend. we'll find out how heavy the gear box is, looks so small ill be doing it on my back with one arm! cant wait.
That's how i do it :lol: hold it up with one arm, put the bolts in with the other :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!