Rob Storr

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
andy1065
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Rob Storr

Post by andy1065 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member to the site so hopefully will get loads of information from you.

I know you are all always looking for new websites so try this one I recently purchased my lockers from, he specializes in Suzuki, its really good quality stuff:-

http://www.rs-manufacturing.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Rob Storr

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:14 pm

Awesome, rumours were floating around that he had stopped trading but seeing as he's got a new website that must've been bull****

:welcome: to :S:cuk as well matey
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Ahhh excellent to see Rob is trading!

He's got some good stuff on his web site. I always wanted the ali SU manifold adapter, but I could never get hold of him so I ended up going down a different route!

I might get the rear disc conversion though...
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."

andy1065
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by andy1065 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Go for it.

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Tramp » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:15 pm

I always fancied the fully floating rear axle axle conversion, if I remember correctly Tim has one on his racer,

chrisj410
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by chrisj410 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Tramp wrote:I always fancied the fully floating rear axle axle conversion, if I remember correctly Tim has one on his racer,
Is that uprating the rear driveshafts?

Tramp

Post by Tramp » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 pm

I think it uses the same drive shafts but converts the bearing to the type used on the front which are more robust (& easier to change) ithink it also makes changing the driveshafts easier too

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:38 am

The halfshafts in the rs kit are cromo and stronger than stock shafts :thumbup: you can also upgrade to 300m shafts which is even stronger!

There are quite a few benifits of a full floater conversion as well as the extra strength throes the fact it uses front wheel bearings that are stronger and last longer, also means that you only need to carry 1 spare and its easy to change them, it also makes swapping diffs easier as you just undo the drive flange on each side and pull the shafts out so you don't even need to take the wheels off. Then theres also the fact you can just bolt the front disc brake set up straight on :thumbup:

It's the way Im going with mine :thumbup: I'm just glad RS is back as it means ill be able to get a spare set off shafts :rockin:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Fully floating kit is one of the best bits of kit I fitted to the racer and I am really pleased that Rob is back up running again. It is one of the few bits of aftermarket kit I never managed to break! I had 2 casings fail around the kit before I worked out to strengthen them properly. I never had a wheel bearing fail on the rear after fitting the kit even though I had 2" offset rims.

I have now changed to Disco axles as I had doubts that the axles were strong enough to put up with 180hp and my robust driving style!

chrisj410
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by chrisj410 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Think im gonna have to get one of then tranferbox guards look nice :)
So the fully floated rear axle is a mod well worth doing, will have to bare that in mind, thanks guys