bedford springs on the rear sir? suit you!!

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
party naked
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

bedford springs on the rear sir? suit you!!

Post by party naked » Fri May 09, 2008 2:52 pm

the suzuki im looking at buying is in need of some new leaf's at the back. what's the deal with these leaf springs from the bedford? are they easy to put on? do i have to buy anything to make them fit? and can i put the rear springs on the front?
also can i fit extra lift shackles to the rear and the front without touching anything else? :roll:

bourneyo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: bedford springs on the rear sir? suit you!!

Post by bourneyo » Fri May 09, 2008 4:45 pm

Bedford rascal rear srings go on with minimal hassel, altho you may need to fab up some new shackles, RUF (rears up front) is a lil more involved, but the aded advantage is you can make some missing link shackles, like the D-flex shackes, if you have seen them, so you get loads more front flex. you will need longer shocks for both, and to extend your front prop for RUF as well as longer brake lines. I have done this to my SJ although i haven't tested it out yet. if you do decide to do this i can go through it in abit more detail. I would avoid extended shackles as they do more damage than good.

Dan 8-)
http://www.suzukiclubuk.co.uk the new home for your suzuki sj

bigredsj
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by bigredsj » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:08 pm

can you get rascal rears and put them on front and back of sj with d flex shackles and extended brake lines with no addition DIY??
cheers

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 pm

Apart from fabbing up all the bits its all diy.

lordyharmerz
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by lordyharmerz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Longer U-bolts would be a good purchase probably essential?, my original front springs were mono leaf, swapped them for 3leaf versions and only just managed to get washers n bolts on, rascal rear springs have 4/5 leafs i think, (correct me if im wrong) hope this helps.

and here is a RUF guide http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php ... ght=rascal

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 am

are you confused yet!??.. pretty much what dan said.. what your asking for is exactly the set-up on my truck. bedfords on the rear, with banana shaped shackles, (you need these to clear the stop post on the rear shackle mount). ruf fit on, but the spring will be to long at the front edge,, so you need d flex or missing link shackles to compansate the extra length. i made up drop/missing links on mine, there good for road driving, as the spring sits closed and dosnt flex/move around so making the steering like jelly..pm me your e-mail and ill post you some pics..
andy