Project KJA

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Re: Project KJA

Post by justaddmud » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:00 pm

That sound's like the same set, price and colour all match up

shame as a month or so back there were some going on enay that were per axle sets, about £20 an end delivered but are nowhere to be seen now (and they were red which would have matched my colour scheme perfectly)

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:01 am

Yea I seen them, they where £12 an axle and red. I nearly bought them but I read some where ( cant remember where ) that they where a loose fit so I didn't bother. Never mind

Cheers Ian

michaerlgirraffe
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by michaerlgirraffe » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:41 pm

:weld: hey Ian....noticed your thread with interest a while back......i bought myself an identical blue pick up recently....you may have seen it on ebay a few months back.......i originally bought the black one that has linked up with you on this thread but when i got to Kent to collect the truck i literally could not fit in the cab due to crazy aftermarket seats....I was devastated to say the least...i wanted a small 4x4 that had the funk of old and the dropside is perfect for me and my wee business......me and my lady moved to portugal recently and i needed something small to get me into the forests and strong enough to lug a bit of weight (i am a blacksmith making sculptural furniture)......I then came across another dropside for sale on ebay and rattled my brains as to how i could fit into it (6'4").....

I managed to locate a secondhand alloy canopy to fit over the pick-up bed and thought hey ho!!! removed the rear screen panel from the cab and reversed the pick up bed end panel behind the seats to allow for more room.......it is now a straight through pick up with oodles of room for me and my doogggg......and fully waterproof

before leaving blighty i gave her a very thorough overhaul on the mechanics.....fitted a lovely set of negative offset modular rims with khumo mud terrains, some rather nice mx5 seats which prove supremely comfortable.... and off we go......my drive to portugal was fully loaded up with workshop tackle and the wee truck never missed a beat......

i have bonded big style with this truck and it proves to be the perfect deal for me....i have always used classics of one form or another and this suzuki will get oodles of tlc next year when i mint the body....all is excellent bar the usual dropside panels and i will then repaint in original blue cos everyone seems to dig the colour...very retro

good luck with the build and am sure you will not be disappointed when it hits the road...they are great

all the best mike

ianedwards
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by ianedwards » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi sorry I haven't replayed been busy lol , glad you having fun with it. It's a very interesting concept you got there, but I think I'll stick with my cab, I've put to much steel into it now to cut it up, lol. You will have to stick some pictures on here so we can see it.

I've got so many ideas for this thing, it unreal, the thing is getting them all to work as I want. It will be a tipper as I do so do a bit of tree work, but mainly cut it up for fire wood. Made a few stump chairs from a big oak but that's about it.

My cab is solid now, just the problem of choosing a colour and spraying it, and remembering how to put it back together. I think I'll go a royal blue route as I wasn't fussed on the light blue that's on it. But it's coming along slowly.

I've got a tipper body planned for mine, as I haven't got a back I might as well try. I just need to get the sides and rear panel made up.

Hope it all goes ok out there for you and you should post on here more often with pictures.

I'll try to make some thing wicked from the piece of crud I bought lol. Keep watching

Cheers Ian

Cheers Ian

justaddmud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by justaddmud » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:53 am

A tipper body would be good, and if you are keeping the SPOA you should have plenty of room under the back, for all the vital organs.

must admit, I too have a million and 1 ideas for what I would like to do with my truck, but none of them ever happen, i just want mine back on the road now, want to see what the power difference (if any) there is with the janspeed manifold and new exhaust

keep up the good work

Ian (the 2nd Ian on the form with a KJA)

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 pm

I know its probably too far away from you but saw this in devizes reclamation co's yard in westbury today whilst looking for a windscreen and thought of this thread.

He wouldnt give me a price for the bed but says hes open to offers.

Despite the burnt out cab the bed is nice and tidy.

Dan :thumbup:
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Ima gonna go get me some leaf springs off that :smokin:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I did have a glance at them but couldnt be arsed. Looked tidy enough though. What u gunna use them for?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:24 pm

The LJ :brows:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk

Post by dan_2k_uk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Ah yeah. Somehow forgot about that little fella. :D