Flex :)

Post your questions about your suspension and steering problems here!
mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Flex :)

Post by mike harris » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:57 am

i have been doing a bit to my suzuki, i sorted the steering issue by changing the caster angle, all the missing links are now on and my rockbucket from mr rockwatt :)

but here it is, i managed to get it out the garage, i flexed it up but the front bump stops arnt long enough, so i have that to do, when i flexed it up i also noticed that the rear spings didnt flex that much, hense there will be a lot more flex if i can stop it from lifting the rear wheels and START flexing the rear springs !

but anyway here it is:

the shocks and brake lines are ordered (thanks to dave at llama 4x4)

so when there here i can really crack on, cage, winch wiring, tidy up all the wiring and paint it again underneath, then get it muddy !

mike

felstmiester
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Flex :)

Post by felstmiester » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:29 pm

Lookin good. what springs you using? Iv'e just got a pair of rascal springs and was gonna go RUF but from what ive heard i think i'm gonna go rascal springs on the rear and split my old rears and add the leafs to the top front leaf. Mine is sitting on standard springs at the moment with a 2" body lift. I don't really wanna go spring over axle just want a little extra lift. And then i'll start with longer shocks and extend bump stops.

I've heard so many mixed comments about Flex shackles, longer springs up front i think i'll just go the easy route and go with the set up as mentioned above.
1.5 ISUZU TD ENGINE. EXTERNAL ROLL CAGE. CUSTOM MADE FRONT & REAR BUMPERS. SAMMY AXLES. RASCAL REARS. RUF. WRX SEATS. FRONT & REAR WINCHES. SNORKEL. FRONT SPOTS & REAR FLOODS. TWIN BATTERIES. FULL WADING KIT. 8.5" WHEELS WITH GRIZZLY CLAWS. OH!!!! AND THE WIFE'S ROASTING TIN!!

mike harris
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Flex :)

Post by mike harris » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:04 pm

its all a matter of taste really, the setup my suzuki has is spoa, ruf, with missing links on the front, rear springs are iron man 3 inch lift, front springs are 3+1 old man emu lift springs. rear has 3 inch shackles, front also has 3 inch lift shackles.

it flexis well, the pics i took i didnt push it all the way, but i have lockers front and rear so the flex is wasted to be honest, as long as there is a wheel on the ground il have drive.

but the whole spua spoa arguemnt is very confusing and long !! its about taste and what you want from your suzuki.

mike