workshop injuries

A place to post all your pictures and videos or links to any you've found on the tinterweb that you think people will enjoy.
only one rule, no nakedness but make it as dirty as you like! (In the muddy kind of way)
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: workshop injuries

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Got a new one :lol:

I picked up my front axle last night and my little finger kind've got crushed by the swivel housing :bawling: and yes that is fatty tissue that is supposed to be inside my finger, doesn't look to bad from that angle but it's poking out quite a bit :lol:
IMAG0120.jpg
IMAG0120.jpg (647.94 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Rjmaas512
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Rjmaas512 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:35 pm

Lovely image to look at first thing. Friend of mine had one of those rotary wire brush disintegrate when he was brushing his chassis. The thing flew off and hit him just above the eyebrow. He now wears goggles ALL the time.

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Ouch. I had a similar thing happen to my left palm at the base of my thumb, although that was done many years ago.

My little brother had thrown a big Action Man car at me in a temper and I, obviously, put my hands up to stop it.

One of these buggers, except he had taken all the wheels off so the wheel arch buried itself into my hand.
06092011.jpg
06092011.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
And that's the scar left behind. a bit hard to see because the phone camera wouldn't focus.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Rjmaas512 wrote:Lovely image to look at first thing. Friend of mine had one of those rotary wire brush disintegrate when he was brushing his chassis. The thing flew off and hit him just above the eyebrow. He now wears goggles ALL the time.
yeah those things are lethal, I'm always using them and afterwards you have to remove all the broken bristles from your clothing :lol: funnily enough about an hour before I did that I caught a different finger with one of those at full RPM, Only gave me a minor graze though :lol:

That reminds me I wonder if I've got a pic from when I caught my thumb with a slitting disc :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Team Pink
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Team Pink » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Went to casualty today to get a metal splinter removed from my eye, been there for a week and a half and was not getting any better. Once they got it out it was 3mm long. No wonder it did not rust away or come out on its own. Now hurts worse than when it was in!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:23 am

Team Pink wrote:Went to casualty today to get a metal splinter removed from my eye, been there for a week and a half and was not getting any better. Once they got it out it was 3mm long. No wonder it did not rust away or come out on its own. Now hurts worse than when it was in!
Ouch bet your eyes sore!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:09 pm

totally agree on the eye pain after havin a tiny bit of metal removed from my eye last week. 3 mm must have been sore! :guns:
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Newtomud
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Newtomud » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:15 pm

I was crouching down in the back off my SJ using a grinder to remove the boot floor of my tin top when the tiny hot sparks of metal bounced off the inside wall of the car and hit me right in the crack... It made me jump and I hit my head on the inside of the roof..
No.. Don't laugh.

Highlander
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by Highlander » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:04 am

Newtomud wrote:I was crouching down in the back off my SJ using a grinder to remove the boot floor of my tin top when the tiny hot sparks of metal bounced off the inside wall of the car and hit me right in the crack... It made me jump and I hit my head on the inside of the roof..
No.. Don't laugh.
LMAO who can read that WITHOUT laughing!!

twiss
SCUK Computer Wizard
SCUK Computer Wizard

Post by twiss » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah it's pretty funny! :lol:
Twiss

'93 Suzuki Samurai Sport 1.6 16v SU. Virtual lift, spring under, 31s
'93 Maruti Gypsy MG410

"If brute force doesn't fix your problem, you aren't using enough of it."