The Sexuki

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: The Sexuki

Post by Tramp » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't suppose you were driving through Retford around 5.30-6pm on friday? I saw a nato green SJ although the one I saw had a bullbar / bumper with spots on

Sexuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sexuki » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 am

Not me I'm affraid, I would have waved though.
Some guy was flashing and waving at me in a red tin top the other day.

Sexuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sexuki » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 am

A Few things have been achieved with the sex wagon recently... That problem with the alternator kept rearing it's ugly head so I whipped it off and took it along with the dicky starter to a mate who runs an auto electricians shop and he diagnosed the alternator as a faulty rectifier. It would only run about 12.5 volts with the engine running but would still slightly charge the battery. Since he changed the rectifier its bingo 14.5 volts now!
He also lubed up my solenoid!!!

Also managed to get me a bargain with the cage £80
Shame I had to drive across the world to get it but it's cool. Needs more stregnthening to make it useful tho!

Guy off difflock, Rockwatt, is currently building me up a rocklobster box which should be done next week

Also got myself some bargainous fourtrak wheels and insa saharas, very chuffed to bits with them, they look well gangsta! Need to vinyl paint the hood black now...

Next up is a winch bumper and make a new rear bumper cos I mullered the other one at Kirton the other week! Oops
Oh and fit some add a leafs!

Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Lil_Beastie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:44 pm

wow aint seen this build thread.
Slow down on the rate of mods, your making us look bad. :lol:

What do you mean by strengthening the cab cage?

Sexuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sexuki » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:46 pm

Can't slow down must finish stuff for Sunday at Kirton, no indicators yet :bawling:

With the cage, I think it needs a diagonal cross brace or two over the cab. Maybe more diagonal cross bracing too if I can be bothered.

:doublethumbs: add a leafs on with rock lobster! Yey!
Anyone else think that add a leafs reduce your flex?

Think they look :twisted: with no front bumper!

Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by Lil_Beastie » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:39 pm

They make the ride (on and offroad) stiffer which has its good and bad points.

Bad points oviously its stiffer, so slightly less flex and bumpier ride.
Good points theyre relativily cheap, and as the rides harder, means its better handling on the motorway as its doesnt sway around so much.

They will sofen up after about 6 months of road driving (i wasnt off roading it for a while after they were put on).

Sexuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sexuki » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Had a great time at Kirton on Sunday
The add a leafs bedded in nicely after a while and my worries about flex soon dissappeared because it could do everything It could do last time I went.
So it's all good :doublethumbs:

Thought I'd put this quick vid as a link of the sex wagon in action
Sorry it's in the wrong orientation dad did it on his phone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6UGbMqb ... ata_player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shaun
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Shaun » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 am

Hi ya jody. My name is Shaun and I have just bought a sj410 which needs doing up like yours did. my arches are shot and my sills are. I am hoping to put some box section in and make some rock sliders. I can wield a bit. What is the best way to do this? And what advice can you give me on my rotten arches. Thanks
:edside:

Sexuki
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Sexuki » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:04 am

Hi Shaun, I'm sorry to hear you have got a rotten old nail like mine!!!
I'm no expert when it comes to welding and fabrication, there are lots better qualified guys on here to tell you better than I can. I just wanted to get it done quickly and as cheaply as possible so I could get out and abuse it!

The sills look harder than they actually are. I chopped off all the rot which was most of the inner and outer sill right up to the bottom of the door shut. I then got some 80x80x3mm box section steel and used a trolley jack to jack it into the door shut and welded it on. The difference in steel thickness is tricky to weld, I found pulsing the welder gave me a better result.

Same thing with the arches, I just chopped out all the rot and welded in replacement steel to bodge it back together. The rear ended up as a virtual lift where the seam of the arch gets cut off and you weld a panel from the top of your inner wheelarch to your rear wing with a butt joint. I found this quite hard. I tried to seam weld that butt joint and failed
miserably as it warped the panels badly. I would suggest tacking it on or stich it. Although it could just be my over enthusiastic welding technique letting me down!

I got a lot of inspiration from Ferris's build. He seemed to just crack on with it and get it welded up which is what I tried to do. Just keep smashing away at it and you will get there. unfortunately, half way through you may wonder what the hell you are doing it for though!
You should post up some pics, everyone loves to see a rotter before it is reborn!!
:rockin:

OllieSJ

Post by OllieSJ » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:07 pm

well it was falling to pieces but you are a lad to keep it going
Sj410Q- Spacers, Bucket seats, Su carb , Mot and Tax