Scottie's Zuke. Blue

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Scottie's Zuke

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 am

parrotveasey81 wrote:about time you fitted the wider axles but then the tyres will rub on the outer arch/footwell on the front and dont say they wont as they are close alread :thefinger:
Well they won't on the rear :thefinger: (I don't think anyway) :lol: I'll have less to cut out on the outer arch anyway so it will still be worth it.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:10 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
parrotveasey81 wrote:about time you fitted the wider axles but then the tyres will rub on the outer arch/footwell on the front and dont say they wont as they are close alread :thefinger:
Well they won't on the rear :thefinger: (I don't think anyway) :lol: I'll have less to cut out on the outer arch anyway so it will still be worth it.

well we will soon see but yea its worth it 8-)
but what type of arch's are you going to use to cover the tyres??

sam16v
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by sam16v » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Looking sweet scottie, some serious flex, will be even more with wider axles too, what props are you using? and what did your wheelbase end up as?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Cheers matey :doublethumbs:

The wheel base came out pretty much stock but when i fit the sammy axles I'm going move the front foward 1" and the rear back 1" so 82" ish?

As for the props I haven't got to that bit yet :D once the sammy axles are on and transmission is in i'll see what happens? The stock 410 ones should bolt straight on and be pretty much the right length hopefully :er:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:56 pm

i have cut the tube for the bush's and dropped them off in the tool room so as soon as they are ready i will pop them over :thumbup:

can you ask matty if i can try on some xmembers on his truck to make sure they fit ok before i send them out :doublethumbs:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:10 pm

parrotveasey81 wrote:i have cut the tube for the bush's and dropped them off in the tool room so as soon as they are ready i will pop them over :thumbup:

can you ask matty if i can try on some xmembers on his truck to make sure they fit ok before i send them out :doublethumbs:
Nice one matey! and yeah I'm sure that won't be a problem, pop over and try them any evening you want. Just give me a call when you want to pop over on my temporary number :doublethumbs:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:26 pm

your bits are done,if you want them you can come and get them or wait antill sunday and i will pop them over

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 am

Made a start on fitting the samurai axles, picked up two sets of shafts and CVs at the weekend. so that's now 3 sets I have now :lol: (I'm gonna need spares :hahaha: ) A new rear diff and some new rear wheel bearings for them.

I think it's almost as wide as it is tall now :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 am

ScottieJ wrote:Made a start on fitting the samurai axles, picked up two sets of shafts and CVs at the weekend. so that's now 3 sets I have now :lol: (I'm gonna need spares :hahaha: ) A new rear diff and some new rear wheel bearings for them.

DSC00029.JPG

i take ityour going to add more to that??as that will rip off as it is there :thumbup:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 am

Yeah don't worry Parrot, I'm going to be bracing the axles so it's all gotta come off again to be finished, Don't think it would last my driving very long if I left it like that :hahaha: :hahaha:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!