Scottie's Zuke. Blue

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
Lil_Beastie
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Scottie's Zuke

Post by Lil_Beastie » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 pm

are you not putting a small UJ thingy where the spacer is just infront of the steering box (just mine has) or as youve fitted it at an angle it'll be alright?

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:00 am

Nah I'm just using the rag joint, with the wedge the shaft on the steering box is lined up with the steering column like the standard stering box is :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 am

some good progess your making there now,keep it up and you just might make it to kirton in augest :rockin:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:10 pm

parrotveasey81 wrote:some good progess your making there now,keep it up and you just might make it to kirton in augest :rockin:
Hopefully matey :rockin: I'm going to be in the workshop every evening for a few hours from now on until it's finished :weld:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:05 pm

ScottieJ wrote:
parrotveasey81 wrote:some good progess your making there now,keep it up and you just might make it to kirton in augest :rockin:
Hopefully matey :rockin: I'm going to be in the workshop every evening for a few hours from now on until it's finished :weld:

8-) will pop over sometime in the week to have a look and use your taper drill bit

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:28 pm

ah Is that what you popped over for when I was at volksfest the other weekend? Karis couldn't remember what you said :lol: yeah no worries!

Did you have that bush in the end? I think you should as I only have 3 of the large ones at home :er: I forgot to say I need 4 tubes for them :doublethumbs:
your a legend cheers matey!
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:21 pm

ScottieJ wrote:ah Is that what you popped over for when I was at volksfest the other weekend? Karis couldn't remember what you said :lol: yeah no worries!

Did you have that bush in the end? I think you should as I only have 3 of the large ones at home :er: I forgot to say I need 4 tubes for them :doublethumbs:

yes and yes,i will cut them tomorrow and drop them off in the tool room and see when they can do them :thumbup:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:25 pm

parrotveasey81 wrote:
ScottieJ wrote:ah Is that what you popped over for when I was at volksfest the other weekend? Karis couldn't remember what you said :lol: yeah no worries!

yes and yes,i will cut them tomorrow and drop them off in the tool room and see when they can do them :thumbup:
Fawk yeah! nice one matey! that will mean the body can come off for the final :weld: on it and the sliders and the engine and transmission can go in. then it's just the cage, paint and final fit :rockin:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 am

i ran into a few issues tonight, i flxed it up to measure for my shock and upon closer inspection realised that my tyres were hitting the inner arch at the rear. I noticed the front did the other day but that just needs a bit of trimming :hack:

So i best get my ass in gear and rebuild my sammy axles pretty quickly :smokin: the extra width should sort the rubbing out.

some clearer pics of it flexed up :guns:

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

parrotveasey81
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by parrotveasey81 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:16 am

about time you fitted the wider axles but then the tyres will rub on the outer arch/footwell on the front and dont say they wont as they are close alread :thefinger: