Landrover Arches and Rust

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
Stats696
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Landrover Arches and Rust

Post by Stats696 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:58 pm

After a weekend of pulling out filler, attending to a pinion bearing and wheel bearings, does anyone have a "guide" on cutting out, welding up and fitting Landrover arches? Ive seen some pictures on other threads but no sort of "how-to"... Do i need to buy 4 rear landrover arches if im to go down this route, as the front wings on a landrover are metal?

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: Landrover Arches and Rust

Post by ferris » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:49 pm

I dont know of any guide im afraid. I think it all depends on how bad the rust is and how good you are at welding.

With the landrover arches, you can use the front ones there all made out the same plastic. You just have to cut the lip off the back and screw them on. Iv got a set for mine but havent put them on yet.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Seth
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Landrover Arches and Rust

Post by Seth » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Have a look at Scotties build thread for cutting out welding up the arches, he did it.

Landy arches, you are better with four rears if you can get them, as the rears aren't sided, but the front ones are, just makes things a bit easier. I've just bought four rears for £30, don't think that was too bad.