Project Bodge

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
hucky
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Project Bodge

Post by hucky » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:42 am

looking ace.... defo insperation :)

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by Henry » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:58 am

Jordi wrote:Summer? The way the weather is up north think we've hit an early autumn.

when u have it "finished" i say that cos the project never ends. You'll have to take sum video and stick it on youtube. Presume it sounds good.

How hard was it to get the body off? Im thinking about pulling mine off and shot blasting chassis to give it a fresh paint and underseal.

Jordi

If you are taking the body off, it would be the body i would be taking to the blasters. A good blast of the underside and floor pan would do a world of good, then fix the probs (there is bound to be some) and underseal then paint.

:twisted:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:22 pm

yeah as henry says the chassis don't need it as they are galvanised. I have never known an sj chassis to need any welding work.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Not wanting to hi jack ferris' thread here. My chassis is in good nick, just has a lot of flacking underseal and seen as ferris' freshly painted chassis looks so good im gona copy!

Little bit jealous of that cherry bomb tho.
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Hello again. Iv not had a chance to get much done the last couple of weeks unfortunately. Been a bit busy at work, and went to Glastonbury last weekend, and have only just recovered. But things are still moving along slowly.

Gave the under side 3 good coats of under seal. That should keep the rust a bay for about 5 minutes. Then chucked the body back on.

86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

albertross74
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by albertross74 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 pm

loving that stance mate!
1988 Suzuki SJ413 hard-top with 235/75/r15 General Grabber AT2s & AAL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertross74/
http://www.myspace.com/picturesbyalasdairround

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Im sure your all dying to know whats been going on with my sj :lol: . Well not alot unfortunately. Iv had far to much work recently to be able to spend as much time as i would like on it. Plus its all the boring stuff to do at the moment, like filling, sanding, sealing, and painting :roll: But here's how she looks at the moment.

Not much different from last time but iv painted the floor and the sills and started to put the inside back together.

86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 pm

looking good matey, if you want to loose the huge vit airbox and you still have the old 413 carbtop let me know and i can modify it so you can run in on the vit carb with a k&n or snorkle etc.

Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah that looks like a good idea Scott. Plus i dont think my bonnet will close with that vit box on. Only problem is i havent got one of those sj air boxs as mine came with a webber carb on it.

Could i just stick my webber carb straight on the vit engine? or would i have to modify it in some way??

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:32 pm

I did a bit of painting on the main body this weekend. Did'nt choose the best weekend, as it pissed down all day Saturday. Had to build a make shift garage out of tarpaulins. Two good coats of zinc phosphate primer (not very nice stuff to use), and a couple of coats of red arrows red. Needs one more coat but i ran out of time.

Not the best finnish as i painted it with a roller, but im happy enough with it.