ill fitting seats

fitting new seats? welding up arches? Painting your SJ? post your queries here
mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

ill fitting seats

Post by mk1joe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 pm

When I bought my sj it came with these half leather recaro seats fitted, although they are pretty mankey i thought they where great so my intentions where to keep them, until i realised the reason my drivers door wouldn’t close was because the seats stuck out to much and with no way to move them over without drilling holes and doing some bodging it seems the only thing to do is get rid of them. So now i am on the hunt for some nice original seats the earlier the better, (mine is a 1985) so if anyone happened to have some old goodies and wanted some recaros than maybe we could work something out, or even if you don’t want the recaros i am willing to pay.

thanks for looking
joe

Henry
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Re: ill fitting seats

Post by Henry » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm

i would keep them and move them inwards. mine touch the sides, and tough in the middle.

why not pop the plastic cover of the mec?

hucky
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by hucky » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 am

have you tried to remove the plastic trim from the seats, wont usually give much but will give a little more room

mk1joe
Winching along now
Winching along now

Post by mk1joe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:20 pm

yes, i have removed the plastic trim but now the seat isnt the problem. the rubber seal around the door wont let it shut :cry: .so i will have to work on that. another thing is the door that was on there wasnt in good condition, so i bought a new one but it didnt come with the felt around the window and the old stuf just tore when i tried to pull it out, so is there something similar that i can glue in?