Wanted. 4 Speed Gearbox for '87 SJ QJA

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
BathSJ
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Wanted. 4 Speed Gearbox for '87 SJ QJA

Post by BathSJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:37 am

Hi, long time away from here but remembered my password so all good.

I need a 4 speed gearbox for my 1987 SJ410 QJA. It's new clutch time and I want to lose the 5 speed box that it's been modified with. So, I'll have a 5 speed box to sell or trade if anyone is interested. I'm in Frome, Somerset.

Cash waiting.

Thanks, Richard.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Wanted. 4 Speed Gearbox for '87 SJ QJA

Post by ScottieJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:45 am

I've got 4 speed boxes however I do have to ask why you would want to swap out a 5 speed? 1st to 4th are both exactly the same ratios in the 4 and 5 speed boxes so you can always just not shift into 5th :lol:

If you need a hand fitting the clutch I can help, only takes me just over an hour, maybe 2 on a bad day :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

BathSJ
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Wanted. 4 Speed Gearbox for '87 SJ QJA

Post by BathSJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:57 am

My tech thinks the 5 speed box is shagged. I'd happily put another five speed box if I could find one in good condition. I guess I'm just looking for the simplest option :-) The clutch is nearly dead and needs replacing soon as. So I'm looking for a good condition gearbox to put in this week. I'm not actually that bothered about 5 gears! You're welcome to the five speed box in trade if you can use it!