VIN/CHASSIS NUMBER

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
rickpoland
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

VIN/CHASSIS NUMBER

Post by rickpoland » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Where to 'F' is it ?

Been trying to find this on my new Zuk - checked lots of websites who seem to give different views of where it is. Even got a (downloaded) workshop manual which seems to give another option.

Trouble is we bought it from a guy who did a major refurb on it a few years back and it may have hidden/lost all the relevant plates etc which usually show this.

In Poland (and it's a left hooker) but not sure if the car was originally registered here so trying to find VIN etc to trace a bit more about version, year, production place etc. Chassis No on vehicle documentation start JSA so I guess it's a Jap produced one but tried a coupe of 'decode' sites and it says it's an invalid No.

So like they say - if you want something done right then do it yourself - hence me trying to find the VIN actually on the car

Any help gratefully received again.

Rick
PS will get some pics of our Zuk done soon and post 'em up. Standard for now but still luvin' it.
Still just standard SJ413 but love it just the same ! ! !

rickpoland
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: VIN/CHASSIS NUMBER

Post by rickpoland » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

PS Me again in Poland

Also any views on format of VIN (i.e sequence of letter/numbers etc might help 'coz maybe I'm reading my vehicle documentation wrong

Cheers

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 pm

hi,, you should find the vin plate in the drivers side(rhd) foot well on the lower part of the A post.. also its stamped on the o/s front chassis leg,
andy

dominic
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by dominic » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 pm

Hiya Rick ,

As Andy (carnut) says, the VIN Plate is by the pedals and stamped on to the chassis by the front wheel, but over the years the muck can cover it up.
Yes JSA is japanese made.

Why did you move to Poland ?
And how long you been there ?

If i find the info regarding the sequence of the code , i let you know, unless someone beats me to it .

Dom

8-)
Currently Drive
SJ 410 Q 1985 (GREEN)
VITARA GL+ 2017 (SILVER)

Did have a IGNIS SZ5 4X4 2017 (BLACK)
Did have a GRAND VITARA 2.0 TD 2002 (GREEN)
Did have a JIMNY JLX 2001 (RED)
Did have a SJ 413V 1987 (SILVER)
Did have a BMW320i 1984 (PETROL BLUE)

rickpoland
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by rickpoland » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Hey guys - thanks for the info - but seems the old owner has obliterated any sign of VIN in the normal places so will have to rely on the vehicle reg docs and assume the chassis number is right.

If you find some details re VIN sequence Dom would be great - but sure it is Jap as having taken a caliper off the brakes it is indeed an Aisin.

As for my Poland living state - bit of a long story but to summarise I spent 5 years in Egypt running a windsurfing school and was ready to give it up anyway as not a great place to live long term. Then met a great Polish girl in Egypt 2 years ago which convinced me to sell up and come to Poland.

Been here nearly 2 years now - and no Andy no real job yet as I have been living an easy life on the proceeds of the business. We bought a run down old farmhouse in a small village about 11 months ago and have spent the best part of the last year renovating it. So I guess you could say I'm a builder/handyman by trade. Learnt a lot from my old man who was a plumber and have put a lot of old forgotten skills to good use and really enjoyed doing it. Also I'm starting to do a bit of 'conversational English\ teaching (I have no teaching qualification but pretty good on one-to-one training from my windsurfing days.

We bought the Samurai as we live in a great area with loads of woodland tracks to explore and also 'coz Polish winters can be pretty hard so having 4WD just makes sense. We were looking fro anything small 4x4 but both were strick by the Zuk as soon we saw them. Going to be great fun (once the caliper is sorted - hopefully next week) and just a great car to put a big smile on our faces. no real desire to make it an off-road monster - but time will tell ! Will post some pics up soon

Anyway thx big time for the advice (hope you can help with the VIN sequence story someone) - great car and GREAT people.

If you are ever in SW Poland you know who to contact now - you will be very welcome here with new Zuk fans !

RICK