POTM - Jan Voting - Feb details - BUMP

A place for the monthly themed photo comp. A winner will be voted fro at the end of each month and at the end of the year we'll get a calendar printed for the following year using the winning photo from each month.

POTM Jan 13 - One vote each and not for your own.

Poll ended at Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Miss_2K
7%
Christoff
14%
Rogan
No votes
Ricky-410
4%
Dazerede
No votes
Ferris
18%
Tramp
7%
Jay18
No votes
Dan_2k_uk
4%
Edweird
36%
Mk1Joe
No votes
Offroadrunner
7%
Hamer
4%

Total votes: 28

Tramp
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Re: POTM - Jan Voting - Feb Theme details - Hamer pic fixed

Post by Tramp » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:00 pm

dan_2k_uk wrote: Next month I will try to run a bit of a tighter ship with regards to rules/general operation (courtesy email to let people know image was received might have been a good idea..... my bad)

We don't want to be too strict though. If I had of gone to the letter of the rules this month there would be considerably less photos and we don't want that. (We do need to start getting a bit strict on the "photos taken within the time frame of the entry period" though otherwise its not too fair on the people who are getting out and taking photos if another user just pulls their best suitable photo from the history of their truck every month. (again something not too fussed about in the beginning)

Dan :D

:oops: so next month will we not be able to do that? i had an image in mind but its an oldie

dan_2k_uk
I spend far too much time on here
I spend far too much time on here

Post by dan_2k_uk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Don't wanna be the photo police......

I offered to run this but its for the club members and the rules need to be decided by the members.

If other users are happy then I am happy. :D

The idea was to get more people out taking more ambitious photos but I know its not possible for all.

Inevitably themes will crop up that people don't have something on their hard drive for anyway as I have some interesting ideas to come...

Few more votes come in tonight so still all to play for!
Janspeed manifold, LWB Vit vented discs and calipers

Build thread -- Build photos -- HLA-Artwork
Coming soon: YJs, Trussed axles, Full float rear.

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm

Mine was one of my old ones back from when I did my GCSE stuff. Dan's right though. I don't really have anything for 'action', though I think my recent bumper bend might make a decent 'oops'.

Plus I'm thinking it'd be unfair for a winner to enter more than once, with the same truck at least so you don't get the same truck in the calender repeatedly.

Don't want to get ahead of myself too much though. I still can't believe I'm in the lead to start with. :S
Last edited by Edweird on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am

The photo police. If anything you need a visit from them.

I quite like the idea of themes we can't all compete in. Makes the competition more varied. If its show and shine i just wont bother. Like wise the action and 'who can get stuck the deepest mus hole" others won't stand a chance in.

Likewise some have none road legal Zuk and others have none off road zuks. Mike harris isn't going to win best restored despite having an excellent truck and dazerade isn't gonna win the "biggest dent competition in ma wing" photo.

I think themes that openly exclude some of us would be good to get more involved. So that those with standard or basic mods will think "i could just win that theme!". Off road themes, restoration themes, best standard zuk. Possibly run a none sj theme so vits, jimnys and ljs only?

Just sharing my thoughts.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank

hamer
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by hamer » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 pm

im with you on that jord gives me a challenge every month and reason to get it out lol
im bit confused on "launch"anyone give me an example before i end up with a rocket atached to my sammy lol

Edweird

Post by Edweird » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Sorry Hammer, the topic is action, not launch. My fault. I've altered my post.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

Offroadrunner
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Offroadrunner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 pm

I would also like to ventilate my thoughts:

In general, I do agree most of the rules. But what I think is wise:
-One vote per person
-Once voted, you can not change. (remember to be thoughtful in what picture you vote!)
-Keeps the voting results secret for everyone. That way you avoid that others are affected.

-New photos, old photos, it does not matter! You may get more participants when people can send in old pictures!
-Only your own photos, or photos of your own car (so made ​​by another). Condition is that the photos are from your own PC, and not 'stolen' from the Internet.

And for the rest: just enjoy all the photos that are submitted! Keep it accessible, then more people will send in pictures! I think you get a nice calender next year! 8-)

And now... i have to decide which photo gets my vote! :lol:
Groeten / Gruß / Regards / Salue / Salutare / Menyapa / 挨拶する, ]-[arold
http://www.offroadrunner.nl
http://www.suzukilj80.nl

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Thinking about it not ruling out old pictures could be a good one to get more interesting pics, not everyone heads out in their Suzuki's every month after all.

As for the poll results being secret until the end I need to do some coding to get that to happen (not my strong point :lol: ) but ill get on it and try and make it happen as I think it'll be better not knowing who's in the lead until voting is over :thumbup:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

Offroadrunner
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by Offroadrunner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm

:doublethumbs:
Groeten / Gruß / Regards / Salue / Salutare / Menyapa / 挨拶する, ]-[arold
http://www.offroadrunner.nl
http://www.suzukilj80.nl

Jordi
Bow down before me
Bow down before me

Post by Jordi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Back to the top again.

C'mon folks not long left for voting now.

Jordi
1988 Samurai - Truck Cab & Tray Back - 1.6 8v & HIF44 - Snorkel - Stack Exhaust - PAS, YJs & 33s - Trussed, Gusseted & Pumpkin Capped Axles - 4.3 R&Ps - 4.16 T/Box - Rear Air Locker - Full Float Back Axle & Discs - RCV Front Shafts - X-Eng Handbrake - Custom Fuel Tank