Knackered Engine what else is going to go wrong????????

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
colinl
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Knackered Engine what else is going to go wrong????????

Post by colinl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi All, Well ive just been out to start the SJ up and thought i had better check the water where i found that it was bone dry! Anyway started to top it up and after a full watering can i decided that there was something wrong so looked underneath for a water leak.There was a slight weep from a core plug so not the end of the world so i then started it up and Holy Shite!! The breather out of the top of the rocker cover was shooting cream all over the place so i pulled the dipstick and it was full! Long story short the blocks cracked caused by no anti freeze. I know its my own fault but whats done is done and so now i need a good 1.3 engine so if anybody has a cheapish 1.3 for sale will you please give me a shout but would like one as close to Manchester as possible.

regards Col

andyrew
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: Knackered Engine what else is going to go wrong????????

Post by andyrew » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 pm

ohhh dear, that sucks.

engine swap is dead easy on the sj , nothing compared to a disco engine swap :lol:

i have a 54k engine that has been in storage for a while. but im far away :lol: .

i think jay on here had an engine for sale.
Andys Rusty Suzuki Emporium

colinl
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Re: Knackered Engine what else is going to go wrong????????

Post by colinl » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi thanks but just bought one off Jay from this site. Hope to get it up and running by tomorrow night after work.