refurbing SJ410 engine? what parts do i need from where?

Engine not running right? see if we can help you!
Jay18
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

refurbing SJ410 engine? what parts do i need from where?

Post by Jay18 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm after a refurbed 1.0 engine, where can I get one or get the parts to do it myself?..
2003 Grand Vitara 2.0 16v
16x7 Black 8 spokes
Nexen road tyres
32mm spacers
Kenwood Double Din Head Unit
Hidden CB radio
Cruise Control
GV Build Thread

SJ Build Thread
Facebook

YouTube
SuzukiPicsUK on Instagram

Pugsley
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: refurbing SJ410 engine? what parts do i need from where?

Post by Pugsley » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Jay

Remember me - you bought the Suzuki carb from me which I note you are fitting this weekend. Re engine rebuilding - I used Maynard Ltd (Google the name for contact number) who are near Stroud in Gloucestershire, a long way from you I know but they are big in building racing engines as well as more conventional engineering. They are excellent at what they do but the boss who normally answers the phone and runs around as if he's on fire can be difficult to understand on the phone.

My engine when I bought my 410 was an absolute bag of nails along with many other things but this is what I had them do after removing the cylinder head and then the block and delivering it all to them: Cylinder head completely stripped, block completely stripped. Head, sump and block chemically cleaned. Four new valve guides, 8 new valves, head skimmed, new cross point screws that hold the cam covers on. Crank reground, block surface skimmed, rebored - new bearings and pistons, new oil pump and oil filter. New timing belt and belt tensioner. Top and bottom gasket sets. Block painted. Block and cylinder head rebuilt.

Now be aware this does not come cheap - about £850 from memory. If it helps I have a spare 410 block with crank and three fitted conrods and pistons - the one missing I believe was used by the original owner but it all looks in good order with no apparent need to rebore or grind the crank. Their may well be other bits fitted which I've forgotten about such as the water pump etc but I would need to check. You can have this for £30.00. Appreciate the distance between us may be a problem.

Ian

Jay18
SCUK is my life
SCUK is my life

Re: refurbing SJ410 engine? what parts do i need from where?

Post by Jay18 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 pm

cheers for the help mate but a while back I found a place that done recon engines for sj410's for £500 just can't find them again now, and I think it would cost about £50 just to post the block mate knowing what snail mail are like lol and thanks again for the carb will let you know how it goes this weekend...
2003 Grand Vitara 2.0 16v
16x7 Black 8 spokes
Nexen road tyres
32mm spacers
Kenwood Double Din Head Unit
Hidden CB radio
Cruise Control
GV Build Thread

SJ Build Thread
Facebook

YouTube
SuzukiPicsUK on Instagram