Project Bodge

Got an vehicle build underway? post up pictures and tell us all how its going!

Builds threads only please.
d86
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Re: Project Bodge

Post by d86 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

andy i was going to ask the same question...re lanes.

tony :P

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 pm

I think this is where i can be some use ferris....let me know what you need and i'll get a price for ya....after all...thats what welderfab friends are for. And if your lucky we may have it in stock...if your even luckier we may have off cuts that may be of use and i should be able to get them cheap as! 8-)

Right...me breaks over...back to demolishing the kitchen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 pm

All thoughs pictures were taken at a place called gannies rocks in Wick near Bristol. Its a good spot but they are tying to close it. :roll:

Cheers Chris il have to measure up and let you know what metal i need. If you need any help/advise with the electrics in your kitchen just let me know.

One more thing.......what thicknes sheet metal should i use for patching in the body work??

Cheers 8-)
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

chan
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by chan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 am

when me and my friend sorted out his rot box we used 1.3mm on large holes and 1mm on any other holes

cheers

4eye
SCUK Addict
SCUK Addict

Post by 4eye » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Ferris...depending on the size of your holes you could reuse.... When i chopped out the sills to do my slider's...i used the waste to patch up my arch's and a couple of holes in my footwell! Just a tip from 4eyemoneysaver.com :lol: :P :lol:
ITS NOT LEAKING OIL...........SHE'S MARKIN HER TERRITORY!!!!!!!!

my ride.........:4eye:

+2 lift....grizzley boots is all i need!

chan
Engaged 4wd low
Engaged 4wd low

Post by chan » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

4eye wrote:Ferris...depending on the size of your holes you could reuse.... When i chopped out the sills to do my slider's...i used the waste to patch up my arch's and a couple of holes in my footwell! Just a tip from 4eyemoneysaver.com :lol: :P :lol:
4eyemoneysaver.com link isnt working? :cry:

:lol:

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

I've got plenty of steel sheet lying around too if you need some, used to work for a sheet metal fabrications firm and i still get offcuts for free :mrgreen:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Havent really got much done recently as i had a few things to sort out on my other car :roll:

But im going to try and get right on it as of now!! :twisted:

Cut out one of the sills today

Also got some defender arches to cover up my dodgey repair work on the arches.

Should be getting a mig welder this week. So im going to have to learn to weld pretty fast, so i can start fixing it all back together again.
86 SJ413 tin top, 1.6 8v, SU carb, YJ spring conversion, virtual lift, 33x12.5x15 KL71's, rocklobster, rear discs, power steering.

Edweird
Suzuki, will you marry me?
Suzuki, will you marry me?

Post by Edweird » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Don't worry, welding is relatively easy. I do it in school for a start. If acne-ridden teens can do it then it can't be hard.

Jusr make sure you can the MIG set correctly for the metal's thickness and such, otherwise you can get crappy, useless welds the just break off (which you could easily re-weld by the way), or you could melt holes through the material, which is not so good.

I suggest that if you've got no idea what settings to use, then experiment using some scrap stuff of a similar thickness.
There's three ways of doing things:

The right way,
The wrong way
And my way, which is like the wrong way but faster.

ferris
Suzuki Guru
Suzuki Guru

Post by ferris » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Had another go at it today. Didnt seem to get much done though. Im begining to wish i had'nt started :lol:

Only a couple of pictures to report......

Cut out the other sill

Took the passenger door off for inspection............think it might be beyond help