Source for front caliper banjo bolts ?

Anything Suzuki related, but not technical, it goes here!
maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Source for front caliper banjo bolts ?

Post by maxaret » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:36 am

Hi all
The front brake flexy pipes on our 05 GV are looking 'old' - and the metal parts are quite heavily corroded,so I might replace them - most brake parts seem available except for the banjo bolts (suzuki part number 09360 - 10026 ).
I just wondered if anybody has seen these or similar banjo bolts for sale anywhere.Would be nice to get some genuine suzuki ones,I have seen some 'Frentec' bolts on ebay but I do not really want to use frentec unless I have to.

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Source for front caliper banjo bolts ?

Post by ScottieJ » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:52 am

Bigg red or brakes international will be able to supply banjo bolts and 99% of other brake parts.

Can I ask why you won’t use Frentech? They are a UK company and will be the same spec as factory Suzuki Banjos. There are strict rules regarding the sale of automotive hydraulic components.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:52 pm

Hi Scott
Re Frentech - only used them once before and the supplied parts were incorrect for our Kia,the parts quality looked ok but it was enough to make me wary :),I was prepping car for a holiday trip,managed to clean up old parts and didn't have time to query the company about the supplied parts.
I had forgotten about it until I was looking for bits last night - have you used them ?

regards max

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:09 am

On the occasional dry day - I manage to get some car jobs done LOL
I jacked up the N/S yesterday to have a close look at the front brake parts - and yes much the same as the O/S - all parts extremely corroded inc the slide pins (I managed to free off the upper slider again).
Not a surprise really as the car is now 19 years old :)

Ideally I would like to fit new Caliper Brackets/pad carriers but have not managed to find any listed for this GV model - anybody seen any ?
Nothing listed by bigred or brakes international.
I could possibly get away with cleaning up the old brackets and fitting a slide pin kit but would prefer to replace the complete brackets if possible.

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:32 pm

OK have given up trying to source some caliper brackets for the GV - they seem to be available for later models but not ours LOL

So I have ordered all the basic parts - Apec Discs and Pads,Apec O/S flexy hose,Blue Print N/S flexy hose - all from https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_ssn= ... ion&_oac=1 on ebay.

I have also ordered a Slide Pin Kit + Banjo Bolts + Crush Washers from Frentech (ebay)

maxaret
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by maxaret » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:14 pm

The various parts have been trickling in over the last 3 days so I will start my front brake 'refresh' as soon as (1) I catch up with other domestic outside jobs and (2) we get a few days of consistent dry weather.The weather up here has been wet wet wet with just an occasional dry day popping up sometimes so am very behind with all my planned jobs.
Finally remembered to order some brake fluid today from amazon - £8 odd for 1 x 500ml bottle or £16 for 4 x 500ml bottles - it was a very difficult decision :mrgreen:

Cannot remember when I last bought brake fluid - 1990 ?? :mrgreen: