do vitara discs and callipers fit straight onto sj axles?

Starts at the flywheel, ends at the hubs, any problems along them lines, ask your questions here.
ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Re: do vitara discs and callipers fit straight onto sj axles?

Post by ScottieJ » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:19 pm

came across a problem today when i went to bleed them, because the bleed nipple is at the front whn mounted on an sj axle instead of near the top when mounted to a vit.

Air gets trapped in the top of the caliper so you need to take the caliper off, wedge a bit of wood in there and bleed them with the nipple at the top, going to do this on wed night so i will take a few pics.
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!

malie
Got muddy boots
Got muddy boots

Post by malie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:00 am

8-) hi scottie

the vitara ur saying what is what model..? dose it need to do modification on the axles or or just fix it straight..?
i wanna replace my my sj410 front drum with dics brake... 8-) :lol:

carnut
Can I have a tow
Can I have a tow

Post by carnut » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am

malie wrote:8-) hi scottie

the vitara ur saying what is what model..? dose it need to do modification on the axles or or just fix it straight..?
i wanna replace my my sj410 front drum with dics brake... 8-) :lol:
Hi,,, ive got a complete front axle here with disc/calipiers hubs etc,, easy to pull your axle out and stick this one in!!.
andy

ScottieJ
The Boss
The Boss

Post by ScottieJ » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Drums on the front of a 410????? must be an early one! i'm guessing they have the same set up as the LJs then??? in that case here is a write up!
http://www.lj10.com/howto/discbrakes/

The calipers and discs i have used are of a 91 swb 1.6 8v vit, however any vitara brakes should fit.

Oh and Andy, Malie lives in Brunai, dont think you'll be wanting to ship a complete Axle there :lol: it might be a bit expensive :lol:
Zuki Build

Steady as she goes!